chimichurri

dlora

Jul 10, 2003
Does anybody know where I can get my hands on the recipe for Chimichurri. I tried Aunt Clara's site but her version seems pretty basic. I know that there is more to it than that. All info would be greatly appreciated.
DL

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Are you talking about the sausage or the sauce?

Nobody really knows whats in the sausage. I while back a friend of mine gave me this recipe.

Wake up at 2:00 am
Hop in your car and drive down the streets in the zona Colonial.
Target as many Dominican Short Eared Rabbits as you can.
Scoop the up.
Pour in meat grinder.
Add Salt, Pepper, Garlic and Erythromyacin(Pennicillin kills the tastes)
For casings use whatever animal intestines you can find behind a butcher shop or Hospital/Clinic.

If you are looking for a Chimmichurri Sauce recipe I suggest you go to a Internet site about Argentina!

dlora

Jul 10, 2003
I was hoping to find the recipe for the sandwich not the sauce. Tony, as far as your recipe goes.... you are probably right. You never know what could go into those things. Especially with the street vendors in DR. I never knew that seasoned wild rabbit and leftover human intestines could be so yummy. ;)

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
In the United States we have a "Saying" about "sausage;

"People who love to eat "sausage",should NEVER see it being made!!!!!"
The USDA has Maximum Numbers for the amounts of,Rodent Hair,Feces,and insect parts allowable in "Hot Dogs" made in the USA!
I wonder what those numbers are in the Dominican Republic??

"Longaniza" is not any good unless it is a little ,"fermented"!

I look at my frequent bouts of "Diarrhea" from eating "chimichurri","jonnycake,and "fritura" from the streets of Santo Domingo,as "Dieting"
I can lose 10 to 15 lbs. in 24 hours with a good case of "The Taino's Revenge"!
Cris "colon":confused:

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
Whats the matter CC? By the look of your "smiley" face, you're constipated............drink some CCoconut milk to relieve all that stress........hahahahahahaha

Can't trust a chimi for jack.......only good one is Tony's Hot Dogs right on la Tiradentes and Pedro Livio Cede?o, you should know where it is CC, across the street from that bar!!!!! ;)

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The Bar is Mamaya!

Cold beers,pretty hostesses,but the music is toooooooo loud!Same guy owns the Pool Room next door. The girls in the pool room are nicer than the girls in the bar,you can talk to them,and you don't have to buy them drinks all night to get them to go home with you!!!!!;)

You are right,I DO know where it is,and Tony,s too!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

All this "Hot Dog" talk made me so hungry,I cooked up a bunch last night! They were so good I bought a big bag of buns today to cook the rest of the Hot Dogs tonight!!!!!!

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
HA!! Gives me memories, lots of times when I would go to la Lincoln and hit up a club and then at 2 or 3 in the morning, the influx of Arroyo Hondo people stopping at Tony's for a hot dog or a hamburger, just the thought makes my mouth water ehehehe

Damn can't wait til I get there in December.....will be on the lookout for a big van with defensas, then I'll know who's in it :laugh: :p

By the way, dlora, if you want quality meats, go to Nello's (or something like it) it's in the Evaristo Morales sector, only the highest-quality (insert favorite rodent here) of the day, just kidding, they have good meats there