Letter from a PRDeista who is sorry!

G

GabyCruz

I understand the frustrtion

I understand the frustration of this guy and thousand of others Dominicans, however, With insult and expletives we can not change any thing about our Course Political sistem. I do not believe this is the proper forum for us Dominican to express our sorrows and frustration I have come to the conclusion, in this forum, there are not freedome of expression, unless one desire is to speack about the trivial interest of Cris Colon , Bochinche ,cris toronto , and all the other fools. You better off going to :Civila . com Dominican red, or Latin forum, overthere you can express yourself in your language, and have a more receptive audience. With lots of Patriotic Love : GabyCruz

smartpro

Jun 20, 2003
I just found this and I believe

I found this and I believe Forums are a form of freedom of speech.

I believe people have the right to "info".

I dont necesearlly symphatis with this letter I didnt write it and at least you are going to laugh a little with this clown. But I believe lots of people think this way right now as of June 2003 in DR.

Just my 2 cents.

Please Mods if you find this offensive please delete this post.

Last edited:

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
I interpret this as more confrontational than remorseful

I don't think it's productive for me to comment on the political opinions, such that there were, but the tone struck me as oddly strident. My opinion is that the majority of these issues transcend party politics. It is important to qualify my opinion as wholly objective in that I have no party affiliation.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
We are privately funded and privately owned media source.
That makes us vulnerable to the knock on the office door by men in dark glasses. It's us that go to jail for slanderous allegations, not you. It's us that will have to pay the legal bills, not you.

If you want 100% true freedom of speech, you are living on the wrong planet.

Remember, you are a guest on DR1. You play by our rules.
This not "your place" to brain dump you political views or wants.

GabyCruz, what have you done for your country lately?
Don't throw mud at DR1 just because it doesn't suit your own agenda. We have done more to promote and develop "your" country than you could ever aspire to do. We live here, work here, live and breathe the DR.

Why don't you show some of you so called "patriotic love" by getting on a plane and voicing your opinion on the street? Nah, I didn't think so...

Apr 26, 2002
Robert,

Now I'm definitely wondering what was deleted. Interesting, though, that in the past, general insults hurled at President Hipocritolito have been tolerated.

This begs the question: Has the political climate changed? Does the arrest of the journalist in Jarabacoa and the shutting down of the political commentary show in San Juan de la Maguana have you freaked out? Have you learned that the men in dark sunglasses have begun paying attention to this forum? Are you afraid that the less popular support His Fatness has, the more desperate and deranged he and his group will become?

Don't answer if you don't feel safe.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Just read our news, we send this to 13,000+ people every day, 20% locals. Do we look like a mouth piece for the PRD or any other party? I don't think so :)

We try and be as unbiased as possible. This maybe the reason so many local Dominican businessmen subscribe to our daily news. Yes, we have some very big names on our list. From large company CEO's to former president's :)

Sometimes you have to make a judgement call. Some stuff goes, some stuff get's deleted. If you want hard and fast guidelines, forget it.

If your post gets deleted, it was deleted for a reason. Forget about it and don't take it personally.

If people have issues with DR1, email or PM us directly. We will do our best to resolve the issues and make you happy.

Posting your issues on the board will do you no good, especially if someone at DR1 is in a bad mood :devious:

G

GabyCruz

This for Robert.

I do not have to display what do I do for my country or which are my Charitable affairs in my country in order to satify yours or any ones curiosity , my concience the people that I help and my god, are the only ones I have to answer to. I am gratefull and celebrate what You guys and Dr1 are doing and have done for my country, but you have to admit at time you all ,act very rude and Prepotent. I have enough Guts and Cjnes to go there and protest in the streets I would not hesitate to shed the last drop of blood if necessary to change the way things are , but I definatedly are not goin to do it all by myself.

DCfred

Jun 19, 2003
Tempers are high. Even in the PRD website you can see all kinds of Hippo insults- and they don't even remove it.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Re: This for Robert.

GabyCruz said:
I do not have to display what do I do for my country or which are my Charitable affairs in my country in order to satify yours or any ones curiosity , my concience the people that I help and my god, are the only ones I have to answer to. I am gratefull and celebrate what You guys and Dr1 are doing and have done for my country, but you have to admit at time you all ,act very rude and Prepotent. I have enough Guts and Cjnes to go there and protest in the streets I would not hesitate to shed the last drop of blood if necessary to change the way things are , but I definatedly are not goin to do it all by myself.

From small acorns grow large oak trees.
It all starts with one, however small that one feels they are...

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
DCfred said:
Tempers are high. Even in the PRD website you can see all kinds of Hippo insults- and they don't even remove it.

That would be the place to post then...

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Political Opinion" is ONE thing,"Political Character Assasination" is ANOTHER!

I have never seen someones valid opinions about the current,or former,administrations deleted.Posts advocating political violence,or overthrow,won't get by my standards!
A little more "Steak",and a little less "Sizzle" would help!

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
Even on the PRD website you can see all kinds of Hippo insults- and they don't even remove it.
Ew, thanks for making me visit their site.... I couldn't find any Hipo slurs, and now feel cheap and dirty just for having been there.

And their logo is off centre.

samiam

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
I didnt get to read the letter

Can someone put the letter back for a couple of minutes?
Man, I would've liked to read it, just to laugh a little. Sounds like it was good stuff, stirring up things friday afternoon eh?
Robert, you know you want to post it again....c'mon man, just a couple of minutes. pleez!

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
It was pretty..........

Controversial, to say the least. Man, it was filled with so many expletives, I was wondering what took Rob so long to do it. Whoever wrote it had a good idea, just a wrong approach about the whole thing. If it had more facts and less expressive expletives, then maybe Rob would've let it fly........but then again, the "men in black" ain't coming to my door, right? Good judgement call Rob

G

GabyCruz

Robert, please

Belive Samian you are not missing a thing , However mad we are at EGG HEAD, that letter First of all was writting in spanish fuel of expletives and rantings without sence, that'is not the way to combat the corrupt Dominican sistem, The true way Uniting together, Dominicans and Expats every body for welfare of all. GabyCruz.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I am not a fan BUT

There are ways and there are ways.

His baldness need not be offended by our wry twits of humor at uncouth, folksy expressions coming from the rather addled brain that is trying to master the complexity of modern government. He has now admitted that "it is tougher" than he thought.

And I can surely feel a strong affinity and can identify with anyone who voices extreme frustration or incredulity at such truly bovine-brained economic, political or social decisions....of course, any thinking person could do that at this time of nearly total lack of confidence in the leadership of the nation. If the economic team were in any league they would be an embarassment to the league. Team? nah, just a bunch of pocket stuffing, Armani wearing, wannabes.....

Now, isn't that a little better? It is true, the men in dark glasses go to Robert's place, so I agree totally with the DR1 position on foul languaged diatribes....

Click away Rob, you have the HB's blessing!!