Just can't have fun on DR1 anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Whenever there is an interesting thread in progress and when it twists and turns into an exciting insulting match or simply tit for tat, you grandparents simply close it.
Anna closed a really good thread in the men from mars..... section and they haven't had a post in days in that forum. Great job anna.
Now criss is acting like an old head-master from an english school and spoiling all the fun.
man, lets get down and dirty and let it come loose. We are in the open forum so let it fly. No one is complianing except Ken and his clones. Ken has the debate section to himself and even he has abandoned it completely. Now criss you are trying very best to take away our toys whenever someone comes out to play. Even in those insulting matches there are alot of us who find entertainment and genuine info. Just read between the line and you will learn alot from even the most vulgar / hatefull posts.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
How many times have I heard you say that, but you still come back?

As I have told you many times, message boards swing up and down, just like any community.

We are here for the majority, not the minority...

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Tell me which thread it was AZB and I'll tell you why I closed it.
You know the rules.

In case you're not aware of this, it is now summer in Canada and most parts of Northern States and people don't have as much to bitch about because we get out in the fresh air and clear the cob webs.

If you like we could start a thread on what we really think of AZB.
Nah! The rules are for everyone!

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
"If you like we could start a thread on what we really think of AZB.
Nah! The rules are for everyone!" Anna

That would be a boring thread because everyone knows that AZB is the favorite of everyone. Right? I am well liked by everyone. This is the fact??? right? I thought so..... :)
Ok, so thats settled now lets get back to exciting, entertaining subjects.

lets take a vote: how many are in favor of threads which turn ugly where someone takes an offense and comes back strinking hard? As long as there is humor in the post and no one is threathened physical harm, how many of you think that the thread should be allowed to free flow?
I say: Lets get ready to RUMBLE!!!!!!!!

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
you know why AZB

AZB buddy, you know why the whip comes down so quickly nowadays? Because there are a lot of babies who jump to click that "report post to moderator" when they dont like what they read. So you can thank those people (you know who you are) for curbing our expression on here. Instead of free flowing opinion you now get edited have assed opinion. Sometimes, I dont even add to a thread because I know it will just get deleted. Dont blame Rob, Anna and Criss, blame the babies. Welcome to kindergarten DR1 style.
Larry

Forbeca

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
AZB said:
"That would be a boring thread because everyone knows that AZB is the favorite of everyone. Right? I am well liked by everyone. This is the fact??? right? I thought so..... :)

Not the favorite. But you are funny most of the time.

lets take a vote: how many are in favor of threads which turn ugly where someone takes an offense and comes back strinking hard? As long as there is humor in the post and no one is threathened physical harm, how many of you think that the thread should be allowed to free flow?
I say: Lets get ready to RUMBLE!!!!!!!!

I agree. Now if only some people w/ learn how to debate properly, I bet threads wont get closed so much.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Forbeca

The debate section is for intelligent debate, the general section is more opinionated. Even through the mudslinging there is a discourse of ideas and a presentation of useful information if you can read between the lines. Deleting posts because people complain about them to the moderator only interrupts this. Have you ever clicked that button? hmmmmmmmmm?
Larry

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Forbeca said:
I agree. Now if only some people w/ learn how to debate properly, I bet threads wont get closed so much.

You are 100% correct. The problem is most people cannot debate and end up just throwing insults etc. The people that complain about threads being closed, are usually the one's that trigger the closure.

AZB - You can have as many polls as you want, it will not change a thing. You are in the minority, get used to it :)

Remember, you are all just guests, with the benefit of being able to apply for a full refund if your not 100% happy :)

Forbeca

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
No, I have not

Larry (ILoveDR) said:
The debate section is for intelligent debate, the general section is more opinionated. Even through the mudslinging there is a discourse of ideas and a presentation of useful information if you can read between the lines. Deleting posts because people complain about them to the moderator only interrupts this. Have you ever clicked that button? hmmmmmmmmm?
Larry

Didn't even know you could do that. But people do get very insulting, and very nasty,do you not agree? I love a good argument but I wont stand for insults. There is no need for it.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Re: Forbeca

Larry (ILoveDR) said:
Larry

Why do you think this is the reason posts are closed or deleted?
Your wrong, it's usually a DR1 or moderators call and has nothing to do with an individual complaining.

Rather than keep complaining, why don't you do something constructive and start some stimulating, education and intelligent threads.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Being a "Moderator" on DR1 is like "Herding Ducks!"

I don't even listen to Robert,so why would I listen to "Pms" tell ing me that "Tony" is a "Male Chauvinist Pig"!(and proud of it!)!

There are "insults",and there are INSULTS!!!,and I think MOST of us know the difference!

For instance,I might say that when "AZB" was growing up in Pakistan,it was very common for him to have sex with goats!..But finally,even the GOATS refused his advances,so as a young teenager,he moved to New York City,where many women find a "Handful of Oats"a real "Turn On"!!!!
When the "Oats" failed to get a "score,he moved to Puerto Plata!Where the women think that a "Yoda" clone is a sexy!
When he couldn't get the time-of-day on the North Coast,he moved to Santiago,where the people have been having sex with, and marrying, their cousins for so long,even "AZB" can get laid,with the hopes that he can add to the limited Santiaguero :Gene Pool"!

I don;t find that insulting,and it IS infomative!!!

So please keep the "insults" lightweight.Concentrate more on the Issues,and less on the Individuals!

Remember that there are posters here that have been "on-line" for years and years.When they call one another a "NAME",it is like when your brother called you an "Ugly Brat!", you din't pay any attention.That is the KEY,just ignore us when we hurl you a little jab,then we won't bother to go after you again.We just crave attention,and don't really have anything constructive to add to the debate!!!

Please remember,all of the Moderators one DR1 WERE born at night,but it wasn't LAST NIGHT!

Cris Colon

PS.If you are invited to "AZB's" house for dinner,try the goat,it has a unique flavor that I can't quite wrap my tongue around.A little salty,a bit peppery,I dont know.Maybe some of the ladies can figure out what he uses to "Spice-Up" his goat?????????

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Robert

I like to complain but I think I have started a few stimulating threads in the past. Maybe I took the wrong approach. I'll try a different approach from now on. I remember someone started a thread on whether dominican women "shave their muffs" a while ago. I remember you let that one stay open for a long time. I'll try something like that next time. That was stimulating AND interesting!
Larry

-----------------------------

I deleted the thread you just started. If that's the best you can do, please don't bother. My 12yr old nephew is more imaginative than that!

Last edited by a moderator:

ClippedWing

Jan 12, 2002
I have to agree with the closing thread thing.. I think they do it(namely Rob) because he can't take it when someone gives him back what he dishes.. Like yesterday he deleted a bunch of posts and when I asked him how he decided what posts to delete he gives me this smart ass response that if I had a problem I could write it down and he'd use it as toilet paper or a paper airplane or something.. It was his attempt at humor so when I responded that he shouldn't give up his day job for comedy.. what does he do? That's right.. he closes it.

Then there was this one time Anna closed a thread right it was after I'd called Rob a few jerks and a couple idiots.. Do you know that Rob reopened it so he could have the last word to me and then relocked it so I couldn't respond? Talk about lame.

Take a note of the pattern when Rob locks threads, it's 9 times out of 10 when he's being made fun of... I expect this one to be closed by 2pm.

goatfarmnga

Bronze
Jun 24, 2003
just can't have fun on dr1 anymore..

Hey I don't know any of you..(maybe a good thing, who knows..) But I get a kick out of most of the info I see..and the good info is just that good info..The BS in between is a bonus :)

x_man

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
azb you rascal i can feel your pain, but every board owner has to keep the party going for the majority, by keeping the trouble boys on a short leash.

just don't come to the false conclusion that
if you post a lot of good stuff, you own a share of the site.

even on my new playground where 'anything' goes there are rules to be observed and if the host gets pissed off, you are deleted. x.

rubio

Apr 28, 2003
www.geocities.com
I can understand both sides of the argument.

Why not created a forum that DR, DR1, and non-DR related topics are discussed? Speaking from personal experience, it's difficult to keep every single topic/thread/post "DR" related
Maybe that would help, or maybe that would make matters worse?

It's definitely hard to please everyone with this type of problem.

Rubio

x_man

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
what I really ment to say was:
it might be fun for you but it's business for the owner!
x.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Why don't you have a Forum where ....................?

Please fill-in-the-blank.

My point is that the Forums of DR1 must have some parameters, or there will be more anarchy than we already have.
Search the WWW and you will find many sites that will cater to your every whim.That is more efficient than trying to change a forum to suit your needs.

We could have a moderator,of the moderator,of all the moderators,if you think that might help!

You are right about Robert though! He is very thin skinned,thin skinned like a rhinocerous that is!!!!!!!!!

Cris Colon;)

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Personally, the insults don't bother me.

There's more than a few pompous windbags on-line who think they know what's best for everybody else (no, I was not referring to the moderators, but if any of you think I was that's a bit revealing don't you think?) and when they can't respond to the ideas and arguments of the rest of the crowd they resort to name calling, whining, and insults.

Great!

I learn MUCH more about their personality and what they are all about from that behavior than I ever could from a 100 well though out posts. (You KNOW who you are!)

Plus, it just makes them look stupid. No further response is necessary. And - that's TOTALLY funny to watch!

Status
Not open for further replies.