Apologies to Everyone

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
I truly am apologetic about being so verbose in my responses to OpenMindUSA(Amicus) and hope the moderators will forgive me. I won't promise to not respond in the future, because that is against my nature. I will try to stay on the subject at hand and offer whatever to the debate without sounding condescending or like a know-it-all. There are times when I just can't help myself in an effort to put someone in their proper place, however. Maybe someone should do the same to me!

Texas Bill

MaryS

Feb 13, 2003
another texan

Bill, You're to be commended for your apology, but in my opinion you don't owe one. Maybe I haven't ready all of your posts, but you've always seemed fair and knowledgeable to me. Maybe you'll set a precedent here?

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Besides, we're talking about Amicus.

Ditto what she said.

One of the things I like best living down here is that I don't have to shut my mouth or hide my true feelings for anyone. If they don't like my answers then they should have considered that possibility before they asked the question. I had some friends/partners here from the U.S. two weeks ago and I was amazed at the changes in me that way in just three years. I never could hold my tongue, but I actually had to concentrate a bit because they really weren't used to our kind of free-wheeling style here.

Normally, Bill no one here takes offense at all as long as you say it with wink, and a smile, and don't take yourself too seriously.

The only whiners are the ones not from here who don't have a clue.

Tom

Last edited:

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Texas Bill, no apology required - keep on posting - I enjoy what you have to say. Looking forward to meet you on the 18th.

Btw, I have not read the rise and fall of the Roman and Byzantine empires, but I'm sure we'll find something to talk about anyway. Most of the rest of your reading list I think I've read!:bunny:

Just messing with you a little on account of that formidable reading list that you suggested.

Apr 26, 2002
Bill,

You know, after all that, I went back to read some of Amicus' posts. I'm now not sure if OpenMind was Amicus, except that he never denied it! Seems Amicus had a larger vocabulary and never went off the deep end the way that OpenMind did, though. Both had the same utopian philosophy and pedantic attitude.

In any case, you remained relatively restrained throughout.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Posting in the General Forum means never having to say you're sorry!

"Simple Mind" is GONE,"Tex" is still here! That should tell you weather or not you were out of line!!!

I met an American guy down here about 4 years ago.He was "nice" to a fault! He even took advantage of HIMSELF!

I have been giving him free courses in how to be a "Nasty Son-Of-A-Bitch"!

He is now "Normal"!

"Life is too short to "dance" with ugly girls,or waste your time apologizing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;) See my "wink"?

ccccccccccccccccccccccccccCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCccccccccccccccccc