looking to buy a condo on the north coast

tngold

Jul 15, 2003
Hello I am interested in buying a nice ocean front or ocean view condo on the north coast preferably in or close to sosua or cabarete. I have looked at the offerings from the real estate sites however I would rather purchase directly from the owner if possible. If you now have or soon will have a nice condo/apartment for sale then please email me at tngold@comcast.net and we can go from there. Thanks in advance....Geoff

ecarignan

Jan 9, 2003
www.commtech.ca
stick to real estate agents

I would stick with real estate agents if I were you unless you have tons of experience in real estate in the DR. You're not likely to pay less if you buy directly from an owner.

Some very good realtors: dean from Century 21, Ronnie from Palm Hills, the folks from Remax North oast and I'm sure others are very good.

Unless you want to risk your savings, stick to realtors, this country is not North America or Europe, things are different. Good luck anyway. I bought 6 months and it was a pleasant experience.

ecarignan

tngold

Jul 15, 2003
Thanks for the good information. I have had several emails giving the same advice. I have emailed Dean at century 21 and look forward to working with him.
Geoff

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
A bit of advice from someone who has lived here awhile ....... DON'T buy until you know the area, the culture, the proper (or correct) prices, electricity/water/telephone supply in that area & have chosen a reliable lawyer to work on your behalf. You should be able to get all this information checked out over 3 months of living here or 4 holidays of TWO weeks each plus 2 months of e-mails!!!!

Try doing it in less or via Internet direct & the chances of you overpaying, getting a "Bum" deal, finding you have bought the place for someone else are very, VERY high!!

IF you are coming to LIVE here, rent for 6 months & get to KNOW the areas available & most suitable for YOU, ....... THEN look around & see what the correct prices are!! If you only want the Condo for short period holidays .... Why buy?? It is MUCH cheaper to rent & a LOT less hassle!!! - Grahame.