Almost there!!

sliverghost

May 22, 2003
Hey DR1ers,
I am alomost there. Arriving on tuesday July 23rd in POP. Looking forward to a great time.

Hillbilly and Bushbaby, I am looking forward to playing golf with you guys. Did Bushbaby set up the tee times? I will PM him and try to get his number to call him when I arrive.

Can anyone recommend a driver in POP. I want to do some sightseeing and travel to a few close cities.

Hillbilly, I also want to visit Santiago. Am I better off hiring a driver, taking a taxi or taking the bus to Santiago? Also can you recommend a decent friendly hotel in Santiago in case of overnight stay?

Thanks to all of you who have helped me a great deal!

See you guys soon!

Chris

mkohn

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Silver,
If you ask me, which you didn't, take the metro to Santiago. It drops you off in a great area of town.
In POP, if you stay at Sofy's, or just have a great American breakfast, Noelle may just know of a driver.
mk

johnsr

Bronze
Apr 13, 2002
I have used Martin Espinal on my last two trips. He has a well kept up A/C van, speaks great english and is an all around great guy! We spent a full day with him in Puerto Plata, Sosua, and Cabarete. His fee was $80.00US which I think was a bargin for all his services. Also if you bring some supplies for the school children he will be happy to take you and help out in making sure they are taken to the most needed areas. His email is:
espinal30@msn.com
I am sure you will be happy with his service!
John

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Hi Chris,
Have replied by e-mail with suggestions re tee-times. Confirm when you can but am waiting the reply from HB about HIS availability! HE is always a busy man & can not always get away to timeschedules that I might set. Over to YOU HB - time to play with your balls again!!
After two weeks playing Costambar .... I need some NEW ones!!!

Looking forward to it guys - Grahame.