Traveling to Samana

delt123

Jul 16, 2003
I am traveling to Samana Peninsula in August for a couple of days. What is the best area (beach wise) to stay, Las Terrenas, Samana ??I may want to go scuba diving??
Also what about hotels when I get there, I have looked at a lot of the all inclusives, but I don't know if I want to just hang around the hotel so don't know if I would use the all inclusive part.
I don't want to spend an arm and a leg so if the price is right and people have had good luck I would give any hotel a look.
If anyone can help me out that would be great

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You have a lot of choices

I don't think Las Terrenas is the best choice.
Go to Saman? and then on to Las Galeras.
You can contact AndyB here on this board or at www.SamanaOnLine.com He can give you all the info you need on diving and snorkling

HB

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
The website Hillbilly linked you to is under construction.

Find one of the posts by AndyB and contact him using the email or PM button under his post. AndyB is the expert on Las Galeras.

marina

Jan 2, 2002
www.kitexcite.com
I personally prefer Las Terrenas over Samana as I think the town is nicer and offers more ambiance, eating options but think you should split time between las Terrenas and Las Galleras.

headnsouth

May 21, 2003
I am actually headed down to Las Galeras in 13 days!!! Any info on Las Galeras would be greatly appreciate. Good restaurants, what's worth while and what isn't!

Thanks!!!