Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New Disco Opens in Sosua

The Voodoo Lounge opened last night. Crowded and loud. It is located on the corner opposite La Roca in the building that once was said to be the new home of Burger King. It is a 2-story building with huge amplifiers on both floors. Since I live several blocks away and could hear the boom-boom-boom without trouble, I can attest to the fact they work. A Dominican friend who is no stranger to discos told me he had to put plugs in his ears.

Word is that the disco will be open Thursday thru Sunday nights. But what the crowds will be like in the future, remains to be seen. The Domincans who were there last night were impressed, but said the drinks were much too expensive. A Presidente, for example, cost RD$80

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

High Carribe, on the opposite end of sosua is only open thurs night thru sun night and buisness there is bad. Now that there are 2 discos competeing against each other I dont see how they will make any money. I think the spot that you described where the new disco was built is an ideal spot...once the tourists come back. If they can wait out the bad times I am sure they will do well. On the other hand, sometimes when buisnesses such as these compete against each other strange disasters happen. Remember Willys disco in sosua and what happened to it? One night it just caught into flames and burned to the ground. I wonder how that happened.

Larry

See Ya!
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink

damn accelerants!?!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking yeah, bring back the good times

realtors and 'quality' tourist and retirees had their way long enuf.
    greetings from thailand x.

ps. things are just a little better here. tourism is still down.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Ken - How bad was the noise way down at El Neptuno, and are there any noise statutes in Sosua? I would hate to pay top dollar for a condo and then be kept up at night by a hotel or disco. - D

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I just passed there, it sure looks nice, hope they are lucky with their business there.
    The music can be heard on the street, for all windows are open, but I don't think it's too loud.

RD$80 for a beer....seems a lot for locals, for european tourists however it's about 2 Euro, just what they are used to pay for a beer at home.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

The first night the music was much too loud. But since then I have no complaints. I suspect there were complaints. Certainly the nearby restaurants wouldn't have appreciated such loud music, either. In any case, the noise problem seems to have been solved. Gracias a Dios.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Ken - Perhaps this is a question for the legal forum, but what would happen if the owner was un-cooperative and ignored complaints? The same with a hotel, some of which must have considerable clout in the town. I'm considering one of those over-priced units going up behind Piergorgio. What if the the hotel decides to play music late at night in their outdoor restaurant, or cater late weddings, etc.? Am I screwed? - D

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by Danny W
    Ken - How bad was the noise way down at El Neptuno, and are there any noise statutes in Sosua? I would hate to pay top dollar for a condo and then be kept up at night by a hotel or disco. - D
    I was only able to slightly hear it outside at my car. Inside the condo I could only hear myself snore.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Danny,
    Stop worrying. Pier Giorgio is a class operation.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast