Help me please!

Chris & Anewta

Jul 20, 2003
Hello,

I have 4 ???????

1) Car rental.
Do we have to use credit card?
What the average price for car rental? (Ford Focus or alike)

2) As we are Russians just flying from Finland we would be happy to meet some other Russians. Are there any in Punto Cana? Is some tourist info in Russian available?

3) Cellular
Will our cellular phones work in Dominican Republic (they are GSM
900/1800)? What standard a phone should be to work in Dominican Republic?

4) Please give us some helpful advices before we go...

Thank you in advance,
Best wishes.

If it is 1st time

Forge the car rental, take a taxi, driving is very dangerous in the DR, the go like crazy.
I dont know of any Russian sites like this, of course I never looked for one, but why meet up with more Russians find some new friends from other parts of the world.

Your cell phones likely will not work in the DR.

Be extremely careful when using credit cards, there are a lot of horror stories in reviews about them, US cash is widely accepted, likely as much as the Dominican peso.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
If you must rent, use the card

I agree that you do not need to rent a car if you are going to Punta Cana.

There might be a few Russians here, but I shre don't know them
There are two in Najayo Prison, I think

You will meet other people and have fun.

Das fedanya

HB

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Rent the car. If you can drive in Russia you will have no problems driving in the DR. Also if you don't have transportation you will pretty much be stuck in Punta Cana.
Public transportation is unreliable, uncomfortable, smelly and just not a pleasant experience at all.

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
If you really want to see as much as you can, yes, you need a car.
Talking about Russians, there are plenty of them working here and there are some very reputable companies owned by Russians in this area.
If you go out you certainly will meet some people speaking Russian, espacially at the Internet Cafe at Plaza Punta Cana.
Just come and have fun

Chris & Anewta

Jul 20, 2003
Thanx to everyone for warm welcome.

2 Tony C
That is actually true about driving in Russia (especially Moscow or St.Petersburg). Is there any rentals in PUJ? What's the average price (Ford Focus or alike)?

2 Hillbilly
Nice Russian talking. Ever been to Russia?

Is November a good month for staying in PUJ?

Chris & Anewta

Jul 20, 2003
We found out that there the following trips to take in PUJ (all at different cost):
-- Santo Domigo
-- Saona Island
-- Trpicanissimo Show
-- Jeep Safari (Outback Safari?)
-- Monster Trucks
-- Fun Buggy
-- Bavaro Runners

What should be our priorties when choosing some of above or out of some others we don't know?

By the way what is the pricing?

prices and suggestion

Bavaro Runners will help you see the DR real life outside the resort area, a fantastic day trip, worth every dollar.
photo145.html

Last edited:

Chris & Anewta

Jul 20, 2003
great collection of pics!!!

It's a really outstanding pics collection you've got. We are being jealous. We like that Super Ponders one. Rare imagination. Hope we'll have some pics like that.

What's the place to get cheap souvenirs made by gifted locals?