Apartment in Sarasota(SP?) area

lperez

Jun 17, 2002
Hello everyone,

I need some help. Can someone please tell me how much a Penthouse/apartment in this area of Santo Domingo is going for? I might buy, but would like somthing to compare it to. Also I know it has been discussed before, but is there such thing as a fixed rate in the DR.

Thanks in advance,

Lori

Formosano2000

Mar 5, 2003
lperez said:
Hello everyone,

I need some help. Can someone please tell me how much a Penthouse/apartment in this area of Santo Domingo is going for? I might buy, but would like somthing to compare it to. Also I know it has been discussed before, but is there such thing as a fixed rate in the DR.

Thanks in advance,

Lori

A colleague of mine recently spotted an ad with pix of a new high-rise in the classified section of Diario Libre (the free morning paper). Out of curiosity, he phoned and was quoted US$1.25 million for a penthouse. This is in the Bella Vista section bordering Sarasota.

(Upmarket real estate in DR are almost exclusively quoted in US$ these days)

I have no idea if this price is reflective of the price levels in general for a penthouse in this area. You might want to browse through ads and phone the agents individually.

I do not believe there is such thing as fix-rate mortgage in DR otherwise anybody and his cousin would have rushed to nail down a 30-year mortgage and not have to worry about rate increases.

Correct me if I'm wrong on this one.

lperez

Jun 17, 2002
Rents in the area

Thank you for the info. Do you know if it is easy to rent a penthouse and how much are they getting for rents in the area?

Thanks again,

Lori

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
Lperez I could not tell you the renting schema for penthouses in that area of the city with any degree of certainty but rents, in general for the nicer neighborhoods in SD, are about 1% per month of the property value.