Who has DishNetwork in DR?

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
DirectTv card seem to go down often in DR, I was wondering if Dishnetwork card stays up longer? How stable is the dishNetwork card (programing) and how easy it is to get a BIN file which would last a long time? All I want to know is: is dishNetwork more stable??? How long does a program last?
Now if the folks who don't understand my post, don't worry and don't bother answering but the ones who do know what I am talking about, please give info. Thanks in Advance.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
AZB, I don't know about Dish Network programming. We have DirecTV stuff. I will PM you with details.

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
When I first moved here there was no Dish Network. Don't know about now. When I cancled mine in USA they sent me a message that if I wanted to represent the company here and gety it started that I could apply for the job. But it was way beyond my knlowlede. So I didn't apply.
I loved Dish Net in the states. I'd love to have it here.

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
DTH system in DR

AZB, a DTV system in DR is no deferent than a DTV system in the USA. The problem you are having with your system is that you are using a hacked HU card and the 3Ms that have been used are of the freeware variety. Your card goes down frequently because the same 3Ms being applied to the card are also being downloaded from DirecTV?s signal integrity department and ECMs specifically developed to ?HASH? or counter the firmware change within the card made by those 3Ms.

The HU is close to the end of its life cycle and DirecTV has become very aggressive in their attempt to control their piracy problem. They are introducing new ECMs on a weekly basis to control the HU until they can completely change over all their customers to their new cards ? the P4 or there latest effort the P5. Don?t expect to be enjoying uninterrupted DTV viewing under the current situation. Be advised that DTV should complete their swap process by the end of the year and the HU (the currently used card) will be discontinued.

With respect to DishNetwork, you can receive it here with the same 6? (1.8 m) dish and the same LNB that you use to receive DTV however you need a DishNet IRD, the DTV IRD will not work with DishNetwork. DishNetwork introduces you to a new set of challenges if your intentions are to pirate their signal. DishNet is less aggressive than DTV, at this time, attacking piracy but recovering from a DishNet ECM is much more cumbersome, or rather more laborious, than from a DTV ECM. In the DishNet setup both the card and the IRD need to be worked on. DishNet has the ability to ?ZAP? the card as will as the IRD. Your hacking efforts are considerably more with a DishNet system. You also run the risk of ?losing? your dish IRD in one of those infamous ECMs.

All that said, it is possible to successfully install and enjoy a DishNet system here in the DR. DishNet has three satellites located at 61.5,110 and 119 degrees west. The 119 and 110 are the two you will be most interested in. DishNet had four cards in operation, ROM2, ROM3, ROM10 and ROM11. The cards that are fully compromised are the ROM2 and ROM3 but will probably soon be retired. The ROM10 is workable but not fully compromise and I?m not sure about ROM11. There is one final option available on DishNet it is called an AVR and it is a device that replaces the official DishNet card but I don?t know how successful it is or if it is still working. One final note, any DishNet system not officially subscribed will require the installation of a device in the IRD to protect it. I believe that it is less troublesome to subscribe in the US and bring your system here and enjoy it. Whatever you decide on doing good luck

Note: All trademarks and name brands are the property of their respective owners.

Last edited:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Not lurking, more questions.

Did you say pirating the card? no way, I would never imagine doing that..... ever.
Ok, now that I have gotten the FBI off my back, lets get to business.
My brother has 4 disnetwork IRDs with legal cards. He has been moved to Africa to work so 3 boxes are left behind to collect dust. My mom uses the 4th one, therefore , my brother still pays the bill. I was thinking of bringing the box over here and installing in on the the same LBN. Only I would have to redirect my satellite.

About DTV. I use the activation program because the 3m is a pain in the arse. This one is holding on for sometime now. So I am not messing with it lately. The damn IRD was shut off due to power supply surge and the power supply was knocked off, Now I have fixed it. thank to your help.
Seems like you have me discouraged on dishnetwork for pirating use so I will stick around with my DTV for a longer period of time. Now where can I get a P4? Is this card fully compromised yet? can we use the same HU programmer to reprogram the HU? What is being done on the p4?
Thanks in advance.

getonwithit

Mar 17, 2003
i used to subscribe to dishnetwork, signal seemed to be much stronger than directv, until some transponders started to cut out.
i was told it was because dishnetwork somehow found out that i didn't live in the u.s. - i don't really believe that.

used to envy everyone with pirated h, hu cards, because no-one seemed to be able to pirate the dish stuff.
a couple of years ago, i got the dish re-aligned and changed everything to directv - with an h-card.
h-card died, so changed to hu, and that is almost finished now.
it really takes the enjoyment out of watching anything, when you are anticipating a freeze every time you use the receiver.

i think i am going to have to get a p4 (or p5?) and subscribe again.

makes me wish i had stayed with dishnetwork in the first place.

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
AZB, AFAIK the P4 has not been compromised in any way and I doubt that many people have even seen the new P5. I don?t believe the P4 will be compromised any time soon but this is only my opinion. Your best bet is to get a subscription for DTV in the US and bring the card here to use. PPV impulse ordering (with the remote) could be done easily if a ?divert? type device is used on the phone line both in DR and in the US at the official billing address (where the system and telephone number used to subscribe live). The same holds true for the DishNet system. The only downside is the long distance cost incurred when the IRD dials out to the billing office but that can be controlled by only connecting to IRD to the phone line once a month.

AZB you should be able to installed the DishNetwork system here without problems.

getonwithin, yes some transponders have dropped in signal strength here in the island, and are difficult to receive at best, but it is not because of the reasons you were told. DishNet adjusted slightly the orbit of their collocated 119 degrees satellite a few years ago to improve the angle of transponder illumination to the USA. The 119 slot is home to two satellites (I think there are three but I?m not sure ? need to check) one is the DirecTV Para-Todas bird and the other belongs to DishNet.

Anyway, there is no real problem enjoying DishNet in the DR despite this shortcoming. There is more than enough available programming in the two birds combined than you would probably watch anyway. The true set back is that two 6? (1.8) meter dish would be required both for signal reliability and for maximum channel selection - one dish for the 119 and the other for 110. It is possible to install both LNBs on one dish (110 and 119) but the installation is tricky and signal strength is not as good as it would be with two dishes. Also, a special adapter to hold the to LNBs would be require. AFAIK, it is not a stock item for a 6? dish but could be easily machined in any machine shop if you really want to attempt this. A professional installation will be a must if such endeavor is undertaken.

It is interesting to note that acceptable signal levels can be achieved on 119 for both DishNet and DTV Para-Todos with a 3?- 4? (1-1.2m) dish however you will have poor signal reliability and the slightest rainfall will eliminate your signal. Actually if you only need to receive DTV Para- Todos you could do it with the stock 18 inch dish that comes with the system.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
You can legally buy the HU, and P4 cards directly from eBay. With receivers if you want, too. Easy to have them shipped down here as well. As far as phasing out the HU, DirecTV has run into so many problems that I doubt we'll see that happen before the middle of next year at the earliest. The P4 secrets were stolen by an employee of a copy shop who was copying documents for the legal firm handling the DirecTV patents. So the information is out there. But, no, I have not seen any companies writing pirate programs for the P4 card yet. AZB you will need a new unlooper/programmer for the P4. These are already available and will work with both the new cards and the old HU cards. Price is about the same as for the straight HU programmers. I haven't gotten one yet because I just don't see DTV being able to can the HU cards for quite some time yet despite their claims.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
thanks XR, I was a bit concerned about my HU card. I may look into buying a programmer in usa which will take care of both HU and p4.
By the way, I didn't split from you on friday, Its just i thought you were behind me and later I simply forgot about you. I was very upset from the nasty girl's scene on the street. Sorry buddy, maybe next time we will hang tight.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
let me get in on this...

the P4 card has not been hacked yet.

as stated b4, the DirectTV has runned into some issues with replacing the HU card which is why they are thinking of using a whole new configuration P5.

No matter where you get your 3m's from, it will sooner or later freeze or go down completely.

3M scripts can go down for one or two reason.

One, your bin is being blacklisted (745 message) or your script is being hashed.

3m's whether private or on freeware will go down or freeze sooner or later. There is a a website that actually tells you what data stream DTV is hashing therefore letting the hacker know.

I personally do not like the idea of having to fill my card up with money so I don't deal with activation.

DTV is working non stop hashing and blacklisting.

The solution for now is to buy the new 745 Board which allows you to use a 3m script with any bin even if it has been blacklisted.

This can allow you to watch TV for a longer time. I would say even a month sometimes with no freezing.

but keep in mind that you are not paying, so that also comes with certain inconveniences like having to program your hu card every few weeks.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Thanks, cmedina for mentiong the board. I had meant to but forgot all about it. They say they work well but I have never tried one. I may have to just to see if it helps a bit. Today DTV has been hashing hard, and they're doing it on my favorite channel, Fox News. Guess I'll go play some pool and wait for them to stop.

Edited to Add: Hey AZB, I was not really mad. I missed the whole scene there with that woman. Too busy playing pool to notice. Sounds like you handled it well though. Maybe I'll stop by when you're back when I am at the house in Santiago.

D.D.

Apr 27, 2002
XanaduRanch said:
But, no, I have not seen any companies writing pirate programs for the P4 card yet. AZB you will need a new unlooper/programmer for the P4. These are already available and will work with both the new cards and the old HU cards.

I am confused. If programs are not being written for the P4 cards, why should AZB buy a P4 programmer?

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
There will be, sooner or later, and probably sooner. I am sure folks are working on it right now. And it's cheaper to buy it now before everybody has to have one. Same thing for the cards. They will costs 2x as much when everybody has to have one. So if you get a card or two and a burner now, you beat the crowd and save $100 or $200.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
I have seen the P4's for 50 bucks on Ebay.

I have not bought one because I hear that DTV might decide to go to a p5 with better security..who knows

As far as the 745 board, it does work..trust me on that one ;)

I see it advertises for $129 US but know a place that has it for $75.

pm me if u want the details

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
CMEDINA that would be great. I'll get details from you later. The script writing service we use has them for about $100 I think. I haven't minded that much reburning but after yesterday I think maybe we need to get a couple.

AZB if you're still listening I think that the 745 board, and a good private script service like ours would solve your problems. I sent you the URL. They have lots of hints along with the scripts they write. I learned a few tricks yesterday in fact that helped a lot beyond just putting a script on a card.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
I also have a private script service but unfortunately thoer stuff seems to go down sooner than other sites.

I used a free 3M script from this site I visit and last almost 3 weeks. I did not even need the script from where I subscribe.

yesterday DTV was at it all night.

this morning I check my email and boom, there goes my new 3M.

Let's see how long it will last

the 745 board is right now the best option because the bins are getting blacklisted like crazy

wud wud, you been up since 1/03 with a script?

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Wud, You da man!

January 20th? Wow. Mine's been getting killed here every few hours since yesterday. Are you on DTV, or DishNetwork?

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I like the activation BIN because they last a long time and seem quite stable. I only buy (PPV) what I need and economize. This way the PPV and sex channels are blocked unless you actually make the purchase. I often have visitors in my house and sometimes kids play with the remote control. Besides the PPV movies are the same whole month long so I only buy what I really want to see. Activation is the way to go for me.
My friend in SD has given up on his programmer so I will see if I can steal it from him to play with. I may just program his card for him and keep him happy.