Where are they now?

jose?to

The thread finally snapped...
Jun 19, 2002
I miss some posters.

Where is the super-duper, CLASSY Chiri?

Where are those smart posts from Cleef, the epicenter of all things class?

Jane J., I miss your stuff, young lady. Usted es una chuler?a.

YES, I miss reading golo's posts. Controversial at times, but he can't be ignored. Probably the smartest guy here. Next to HB, that is.

Amber, I've never talked to you, but I ALWAYS like what you have to say.

And the great Onions&Carrots, where did you go, dude? Don't tell me you've left us; we already lost that all-time great, OwnRules.

Petaka? I see you sometimes, but not enough.

Arturo. Now, there is one person who should post more. Level-headed and just plain smart.

Jim Hinsch, where are you? Logic personified.

Clara? Yes, I attacked you once, but I like reading your very intelligent posts.

I'm editing to add that MIT guy, mondongo, to the list of posters greatly missed.

Indie, I see you off-line sometimes. You look good, girl. But we need you here. If these folks would only catch a glimpse of some of your best work!

The ones I didn't mention are still here. I would miss you if you go away, too.

Joseito
I heart DR1

Last edited:

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
I dunno about most of the people here but the negativity was very high until the Sosua meeting and it shows in the posts. Maybe that's why people haven't posted too much as of late.........doesn't hurt to PM people:ermm:

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
j[B]ose?to[/B] said:
Clara? Yes, I attacked you once, but I like reading your very intelligent posts.
Clara? Is there a Clara here?

Well, in case you were referring to me, then I don't remember you ever attackign me. All is forgotten. I am really, really, really busy these days. And as of tomorrow I will be offline for a few days while I attend to some family business.

Chiri is back home for the summer. She is around, but we miss her.

It's summer break, so Cleef could be home for vacation.

Jane J. is also very busy she told me. I miss her too.

And Golo, well, last I heard DNI agents were dragging him out a certain stablishment while he screamed "I know it all! I'll let the people know!". His appt. in Piantini has a "For rent" sign and I saw a general's son driving his pimp-mobile.

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
Re: Re: Where are they now?

Pib said:
And Golo, well, last I heard DNI agents were dragging him out a certain stablishment while he screamed "I know it all! I'll let the people know!". His appt. in Piantini has a "For rent" sign and I saw a general's son driving his pimp-mobile.

Is this a joke or is it true???

Petaka

Nov 8, 2002
I lurk every once in a while

I try to avoid coming around this lands on Mondays, that's when Robert usually shows up in a bad mood, throws locks at everything and does a lot of finger pointing.

As far as missing anybody, TW comes to mind. After all he's always been a good man, a tall order man, an intrinsic man, an old drinking buddy from old parrandas and serenades.
I've never met him but I'm sure he's an icon in the Dominican folklore. He never comes out unless prodded with bayonets, but I think we can change that.

jose?to

Jun 19, 2002
mido, it's only a joke.

pib, great imagination. And congrats on your boda.

j

Indie

Bronze
Nov 15, 2002
jose?to said:
Indie, I see you off-line sometimes. You look good, girl. But we need you here. If these folks would only catch a glimpse of some of your best work!
I miss you too, babe. And I miss all the posters you mentioned. Place just isn't the same without them.

Bueno. Besos a todos.

-Indie

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I am alive and well, having a jolly time on my little outpost of empire, with all the marmite and weetabix I can eat. I am following most stuff on DR1 but feel a little removed from it all to be able to contribute much. But who knows...

Miss you all too!

Hugs from Chiri

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
I'm here, I'm here...

I check these boards almost every day, but am neo-shy to post these days. I don't know why.....ser? esta cuaja que tengo encima??

Indie

Bronze
Nov 15, 2002
Diablo, Jane, yo tengo la misma cuaja. Y cada vez que escribo algo, me lo borran. Que ser? lo que me paja?

jose?to

Jun 19, 2002
The last three posts came from Chiri, Jane and Indie. Co?o! That's what I call "un jonr?n con las bases llenas."

Last edited:

trishdeyar

Oct 16, 2002
www.hiddenhilltop.com

well gee, I only ever posted maybe 10 times and nothing of any significance but don't you miss me too?

Actually I realize I don't post often but I feel I know a lot of you from the reading I do. I am a faithful reader who often tells her "responses" to her monitor (safest way to do it sometimes). I think this site is a great site with a wonderful "family" in it. Keep up the interesting posts everyone!

Take care
Trish

jose?to

Jun 19, 2002
Trish,

I miss you, too. BTW, I'm not as bad as I appear to be. I really like these people, including the ones who have been offended by my politically liberal views. And I'm mostly opinionated when hiding behind a computer monitor; in person, however, I'm too easily intimidated and stupidly shy, which is why I may never meet any of these good DR1 folks.

I have only met MQ and Tony Cabrera. They are excellent.

Have a good day.

Jos?

Jim Hinsch

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
geocities.com
I pop in now and then, other activities for now

I haven't had a chance to read the board but I do pop in now and then and see what's up. I'm just now back from 2 weeks in the DR and I had to skip the group meeting even though I was in town that day. I've been setting up shop in Santo Domingo, bought a car, and lots of odds and ends relating to expanding my business and personal interests in the DR. I may pop back up for the water ski games. I wonder what kid of facilities they've build on the river.