Best Extreme Sporting Locations

Borri

Jul 24, 2003
members.migente.com
I really want to check out the extreme sporting of DR.

where should I go?

the buggies sound good, n i keep hearing about parasailing, but how about hang gliding n other such activities?
:cool: :ermm:

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Do a google search for "extreme sports+Dominican Republic" without quote marks and you will get a lot of hits. Check them over to see what is available and where.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Parasailing, I believe, is offered at major beaches. You can book at your hotel. I believe they have it in Punta Cana and Playa Dorada. Probably some other board member could confirm this.

Borri

Jul 24, 2003
members.migente.com
thanks for the link. this is a more family orientated service it seems. it wouldn't be the right one for me, but I'm going to check it out nonetheless.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Haven't tried it, but it is very popular. Cabarete is one of the best locations in the world. The top performers of Europe were there for the winter training for the summer circuit.

Check this out http://www.kitexcite.com./

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
Canyoning out of Cabarete

Try the canyoning out of Cabarete - we hear the full day trip with abseils and rappelling is great fun if a little strenuous! Ask at Vela as I've forgotten who's doing it at the moment! (Silly old sod that I am).
Peter

sunnyvillas

Blocked due to spamming
Apr 29, 2003
:cool:
Cabarete is considered to be the windsurfing capital and it's a real cool town with lost of bars and parties on the streets. If you are considering of satying there and need a great place, do not hesitate to drop me aline and I will be glad to help you out.
Have fun in DR it is a great place to vacation. I spend over 6 month down there and loved it.