New Dentist in Cabarete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
Pleased to inform you all that Servi-Med in Cabarete has now a fully equipped dental surgery! The dentist is German, speaks excellent English and can also converse in Dutch we understand!
Great news - we'll keep you posted after we've used him for something more than a loose crown!
He is a little bit more expensive than local dentists but if he's any good we should use him, that way he'll stay here!
Telephone for Servi-Med is 571 0964 and the new offices are no longer next to Dick's Cafe/Panaderia but have moved to new premises, next door to the new ice cream parlour, on the right hand side of the main street coming from Sosua.
Peter & Alex

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Thank you

I am going to advise the Dominican Dental Association that a foreign dentist is at work.

Without his "Execuator" He is not allowed to practice anything. It is the equivelant of a Dominican Doctor going to Germany and opening a practice without going through the proper channels.

What right does this g uy have to come here and practice a form of medicine? Just because he is German? I think not. Nor can I believe he is better trained than many of our own dentists. If he was, why is he here? Tim was here.

HB

Last edited by a moderator:

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
Nice One...

HB,
OK but this one is within walking distance of our house! When was the last time you looked in the "other" local dentists office in Cabarete? Like, Duh!
However, in all honesty, it is difficult in Cabarete, one has to go to Sosua mostly but all resident expats will tell newcomers to the area that they have tried most of the local dentists and prefer to go see Dr Freddy in Santiago! Dentist vists are bad enough without having to risk the goddam roads as well!!
On a slightly different note - Servi Med in Cabarete have 3 doctors too, one is German and the other two are Dominicans, they now happen to have a German dentist too. The emphasis was on the dentists surgery and not meant to be on the nationality of the dentist! AND these guys saved my life during a recent heart attack by coming to the house on call out in less than 5 minutes!!! AND SHE was a Dominican Doctor!!
Please report on, empty the small towns of medical practitioners who don't originate from DR and we'll just die when we need someone quickly and our teeth fall out!!

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Whether he stays or goes doesn't affect me. I am very happy with our Dominican dentist in Sosua, Wendy Juma.

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
Ken,
Good for you - use your local facilities cos'without business they go away! Have heard good reports of Dr Wendy too but she's a 20 minute drive away! That's why we're happy that Cabarete has a new facility and as it's here we'll use it locally.

Paul Thate

Jan 11, 2002
Jesus , hillibilly

That was one ignorant posting.
Who made you the guardian of the north coast dental health care?
You have no clue what channels that dentist went through
Or if he has an executor . There where no such details in the first post.
So before you start running to the authorities check the facts.

And for your info he does have his paperwork in order
And a local partner.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
OH Paul

I dislike any foreigner who evades the very necessary rules for practicing medicine. Can you imagine a German going to Canada or the US and setting up shop? Just because they are German, or French or from Bangladesh? No Sir. They must follow accepted proceedures, internationally recognized, to assure (1) That they are what they say they are; (2) have the qualifications to do what they are supposed to do(3) Are officially recognized as such.

This is not a problem of a small town without dentists. If there is a demand for dentists in Cabarete, I am sure that there is one or two up there. Are they any good? If not, a 20 minute ride to Wendy is easy enough. Or one of Wendy's classmates can set up shop there.

As for who saved who, I am glad it was the Dominican doctor that did that.

Why do I know he does not have an "execuator"? Because it takes a long time to get one and he would have it on his wall. the German doctor doesn't have one and that is why he is so low key--no waves--because he knows that he is doing something illegal...

HB

quaqualita

Feb 4, 2002
German doctor

I don't know about the German dentist, but the German doctor from ServiMed DOES have his papers, that he is recognized and practizing LEGALLY in the Dominican Republic hanging at the wall in his office. He is not keeping it 'low', he is advertising in local TV channel and magazines.
A few years ago, there used to be a German dentist in Sosua and also (still is?) another German dentist in Puerto Plata. Both of them had their Dominican paperwork done. So what makes you think the German Dentist in Cabarete is illegal?
I haven't used the dentist in Cabarete yet, but it's good to know, that he is there. Cabarete is a fast growing community and good service is allways needed and welcome here.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Hillbilly,

The Cabarete crowd is a high profile medical practice - I would lay a bet that they are all legal in the Dominican System, simply because none of them are newbys to these parts. I know Gideon Plaut (the German Doctor) referred to in these posts and he has been here many years, has been in this practice forever, and paid his dues in the Dominican system. He also owns Blue Moon nearby. Gideon is a particularly good general practitioner and one of the best diagnosticians that I've seen.

The practice recently grew a little - as Cabarete is growing and becoming quite the 'in' place - they moved into new facilities and added additional people, the new dentist and a chiropractor. All 'dominican' legal to my knowledge.

I have not personally inspected the paperwork on Gideon's wall or his partners' walls, so I may of course be wrong with this, but my money is on the table on this one. I was present at a conversation just a few months ago where Gideon lectured another Doctor in terms of what it would take her to become Dominican Legal and would not even contemplate hiring her, without her 'execuator'.

I have to go and see a doctor sometime this coming week and will personally inspect the paperwork and report back - just for you! I agree with your sentiments on this one.

kbf

Apr 24, 2002
Hi MR HILLBILLY

Your unappropriated comments about German

are very, but very offensive.

Who do you think you are to make the rules who can or cannot live and do what he wants in this country.

Go to EL BURO and complain or just keep him company.

This is the comment of another German who lives here since 9 years and is very thick of this racial misbehavior on this board

Karl FREY

Status
Not open for further replies.