Codetel Internet Service: DETERIORATING ? ? ?

T

TiberiusMineola

I live in Puerto Plata; I have Codetel DSL service [humorously entitled "Internet Flash" ] along with Codetel modem service. For the past 2, 3 days, I've been unable to log on to codetel.net.do, using either. I have 3 PCs; the Codetel non-response is the same on each PC. Today, 27 July 03, Sunday, modem access is OK. DSL? Nada! Is anyone else in the POP - Sosua area experiencing similar problems? Recent? Long stadning? Thank you. Remedies? Resources? Solutions? Advice? When will satellite [ie non-Codetel] interenet access be available?

Henry03

Nov 11, 2002
The dial-up service has been quite slow here in Cofresi for the past few days. Finally, today, things seem to have improved.

JAMIE

Jun 10, 2002
I believe in DR, the demands are larger than the supplys, the facilities are not updated equipments, plus, the investment of the communication technologies are big amount (sometimes I doubt does Codetel has enouth cash flow to upgrade it's communication facilities? )

ERICKXSON

Bronze
Dec 24, 2002
www.creambay.com
Jamie Codetel (verizon) is the best Latin America has to offer while i was in the D.R. last week i had no problems logging in from Samana`, Monte Plata, Bayaguana and Santo Domingo.