Presidente Cerveza ?

K

Ken

How can I get Presidente sent to my home in Alaska ? Does anyone have a number to the Brewery or an e-mail address. Thanks for any help ! I sure miss this excellent beer amongst many other things the DR has to offers. Cant wait to go back !

J

jon

From what I know the Presidente exported to the US is not the same as the great beer here... I suggest you hop on a plane and come down to enjoy it here. :)

T

Tom

Re: Presidente Cerveza ?/imported

All the beers imported to the US have to be pasturized or preserved. The Heineken, Presidente, red Stripe, Coroba etc., all taste terrible here

Tom

K

Ken

OK ! My arm has been twisted enough. Its time to get back to Paradise to enjoy Ice Cold Presidente, Beautiful beaches, dancing to Merengue, and of course to be with my girlfriend. First chance, Im there !

K

KEITHNY

Is that the reason the beer sold here(in NYC) tasts different than whats sold over there in DR?

E

Ed

Jon,

Up until about 2-3 years ago you were correct, the Presidente sold in the US was different from that sold in the DR. (I think it had to do with the maximum alcohol percent allowed in beer, not pasteurization as metntioned someone else). Now I believe the beer is the same (or at least I can't taste the difference as I had in the past).

T

Tom

Not all beer is pasteurized; some is preserved with such lovely chemicals as formalin and formaldehyde.

Do you remember 15 years ago, you could only get COORS in Colorado and its proximity, the beer had to be kept refrigerated due to lack of any preservative. It now has a preservative and sure tastes different.

Friends of mine work on a cruise ship that travels between Maine and Canada; they won?t drink the Heineken (They are German) in Maine due to the preservatives.

Ask anyone about the difference in taste of Red Stripe or Corona.

As for alcohol content, that is regulated State to State, Maine allows 6.9% for Malt Liquor, quite a bit stronger than ?Native? Presidente