departure tax at POP

gjsuk

Apr 7, 2003
just for info 2 weeks ago from POP to NY on American my departure tax was $20US, yesterday it was only $11US????????????

dale7

Apr 18, 2002
www.stores.ebay.com
About a month ago was raised to 20US

I have a little question now. I bought a ticket to the DR before the departure tax increase. When I check in for my flight will I be billed for that and have to pay out of my pocket right there.
dale7(Howard)

judyisnice

Oct 11, 2002
WELL THEY DO NEED THE MONEY

I don't know about your ticket.

But I'd love to be in your place....whens your flight??

JUDY

dale7

Apr 18, 2002
www.stores.ebay.com
Looking forward to my trip:) It is Aug 26-Sept 4. All I know is that departure tax was 10US and then it was 20US. I don't know what will happen to those who purchased tickets with the 10US departure tax included, I would think that they would have to pay at the departing airport?
dale7(Howard)

judyisnice

Oct 11, 2002
I'v always payed at the airport.

I'm sure you'll have a nice time .....like I said I wish I was going ,but ingrid and I have made plans to go again in Feb. That's just to far off for me, but the weather here in Winnipeg is very nice at this time so I had better stop my crying...lol

JUDY

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
At the check in

dale7 said:
Looking forward to my trip:) It is Aug 26-Sept 4. All I know is that departure tax was 10US and then it was 20US. I don't know what will happen to those who purchased tickets with the 10US departure tax included, I would think that they would have to pay at the departing airport?
dale7(Howard)

AA hit me for ten smackers at the check-in counter on July 6th and gave me a receipt since I paid before the amount went up $20. Still 1,000% better than the old days in the departure lounge first with stamps and then with stickers. I bought my ticket for tomorrow's trip last week so I assume I am paid in full for that.

dale7

Apr 18, 2002
www.stores.ebay.com
Thanks Rick/others

Rick,
That is what I expected. I would be envious that you go there so much and I don't but hey in the future I will probably be able to take several trips a year too:) A favor for me, check to see if the closed down bars, especially the Madhouse will reopen soon, that was my favorite bar on Duarte. Have a great trip and catch you on the flip side:) If you see Peter and Fleming at La Playa Vista, tell them that Howie, and little Howie are doing great, I think they were suprised to see me bring the baby there and Peter made a big fuss over him. I think I even got a free Presidente:) Thanks.
dale7(Howard)

sliverghost

May 22, 2003
Departure Tax

If you booked you trip before the increase, (from $10-$20) you may have the $10 departure tax included as I did. But the charge is in Pesos, so whatever the difference at the time you book and actualy leave the DR is, you pay. Yesteray I got charged the $11 at the counter because I paid in american dollars. I was not going to argue and just asked for a receipt and i will take it up with American Airlines.

rendul

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
rendul.tripod.com
Departure Tax

We came back on July 7 and were charged US $20.00 at the Skyservice counter. Previously, the departure tax had already been included with the tickets. Remember, I'm talking about a Canadian charter service. We were incensed as we had no forewarning! What if we didn't have the $$? :mad:

GirlieGirl

Jun 19, 2003
Departure Tax?

That is wierd... friend left today from POP heading back to the US and the nice gentleman flirted a little bit with her, told her she was beautiful and then wrote tax paid on her ticket... she never even opened up a wallet!!!