schedule/results

hockeyguy

Aug 1, 2003
Thanks Robert. I found the site earlier but there is no obvious link on that PanAm Games home page for results. Perhaps there will be on Aug. 2.

TomCayman

Aug 2, 2003
No schedules, no results, is this for real ?

The DR1 website appears to be the only official website for the PanAm games, yet it has no schedules or results on it at all.

In this day and age it is quite astonishing that a games of this size does not have a comprehensive website.

Does anyone know of an unofficial website that carries this info (or at least the swimming info :)) ?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
We are NOT the official site. We just decided to provide a website that provided answers to some of the "real" questions visitors and participants need answers for.

YES, we do provide a schedule.
http://www.panamgames2003.com/buying_event_tickets.html

Is it accurate? No idea, we didn't produce it. It's the official schedule supplied to us.

Official site: http://www.santodomingo2003.com/

Will they publish the results?
Who knows!

I agree with you, in this day and age they should have a site that displays results.

Pity the official website didn't go to tender, we would have sent a proposal...

TomCayman

Aug 2, 2003
And the official site is incomplete too (sigh)

Thx very much for the update.....I found your site through Googling the most logical phrase "Pan Am Games 2003", no idea which rocket scientist decided on the domain name for the official site, but it ain't intuitive :)

Anyway, went to that site and tried to look up individual sports, but none of the links are live yet, all go to internal pages (ie 192.0.168.xx IP addresses)....appalling... :(

dwolfman

Aug 2, 2003
It is pathetic that the results are so hard to come by. I thought this was the official site, but it might be helpful still.

http://www.usfieldhockey.com has a results page, but at 2:30pm it's still not had any of the morning results as yet. I don't know if anyone knows any other sites that might have results.

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
Canadian site

Thanks Anna. Isn't it amazing that the Country furthest from the actual games has the best coverage?

Like the rest of you, I'm amazed that information is not available on demand. $175 Million USD? That should have covered a webmaster too don't you think? DR1 could have pulled it off.

I tried to attend the Beach Volleyball today at Feria Ganadera but the schedule was changed and was never distributed. Nobody there had any idea what was going on. Oh well. This will surely be an interesting few weeks.

Scandall

kagg43

Sep 4, 2002
Please be aware that schedules are changing daily. For instance Wrestling started today unannouned to any one. The Beach Volleyball schedule has been backed up one day. These are just some of the "unannounced" changes

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
No Kidding...

Beach Volleyball is more than one day behind. The hourly schedule changes hourly as well. I was just there (again) and the women's games that were to start at 3PM don't start until 6PM. Nobody knew and people were waiting. Changes are inevitable but they could at least post signs, tell people, send smoke signals etc.

Oh well. Not like any of this is a surprise.

Scandall