help! spiders etc/Playdo Dorada

stormrainbow

Aug 2, 2003
Hi everyone!

Im very excited I have never been anywhere so fantastic as the Caribbean before! Planning on going in April 2004 to Playa Dorada.

What spiders or other nasty's should I expect to see wandering around...can the sharks come close to the beaches/or are there nets etc?

Also I am getting conflicting reports on the weather in April..has anyone experienced April out there?

Aslo (sorry) Im going with a 3 year old which is concerning me a bit, does anyone have any advcie.

Much appreciated.

Thanks!!

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
Storm,
The weather here in April does what it wants to do really as there does not seem to be any real pattern to it - we live here and have had 2 Aprils. Last year the weather was nice, this year the weather was nice! You might get a little rain and then again you might not but everyone will still have a smile on their faces.
Good answer from Eddy - lots of great info there.
As for bugs? There are a few but here at home in Cabarete we dont seem to suffer from many. Never yet seen any spiders to mention! As 1st time UK visitors you may be a little wary of the gecko's and small lizards which are in abundance, both inside and out, but don't panic, they can't hurt you and they do eat all the small flying bugs!
By the way - Playa Dorado is on the Atlantic coast even though theoretically we are a Caribbean island.
PM us if you need a contact here who's British and you get fed up with the tourist crowd in the AI. (There's more than a few of us that live here permanently).

melg01

Aug 4, 2003
mosquitos

Hey..i just came back from a two week vacay in playa dorada...it was nice..but bring a ton of insect repellent. It's been 3 weeks since I've been back and Im still suffering the itch of the many mosquito bites I have on my legs. Mainly only from walking around at night. But aside from that I hope you have fun.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Thanks for the reminder

Every person that asks gets the same answer: Bring sun block for the daytime and bug spray for the night, with DEET. Good repellants are very important for a happy vacation.

Hope a lot of people read this!!

HB