Tourist tote the note

Jerry K

Jan 1, 2002
Good news, the cablecar in Puerto Plata is operating now on a regular basis and doing good business(half hour wait).
The bad news is the lack of parity between locals and tourists.
Although I'm a resident, not being a Dominican cost me RD100 for a ticket today while the other adults in my party were RD50.
What a way to run a railroad ( or cable car), I pay for the group and pay a little extra for the opportunity.
It's not the money, at RD100 it's still a hell of a deal, it's the principal. What should be fair for one should be fair for all.
A lesson we have all learned, buying a TV or other major purchase, stay in the background and run a Dominican in, you'll get a better deal. Either way "US$ sigue siendo rey"
over and out

NYC_Girl

Apr 15, 2003
When shopping with my sister-in-law in SD, she would tell me not to speak to just let her know what I wanted and she would haggle.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
There is no way in HELL that I would pay 100 pesos,if the others payed 50!!!!

You are either very timid,or have no self esteem! How dare they charge you more! I think I will go just to break their balls!!! Cris Colon:mad:

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Charging foreigners more is not unusual. On the contrary. All museums and public amusement places do. Once they even tried to charge ME more because I "looked South American". Go figure.