$300 Million and Not One Centavo for Gas

Andy B

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
www.elmarinique.com
Today we had two tourists attacked in an attempt to steal their camera and other personal belongings at a popular but isolated beach near Las Galeras. When we took them to the police to make a report we asked why this popular beach doesn't have any police patrols. The answer: we don't have any money for gasoline for the patrol motorcycle. Although bruised and shook up the victims felt so bad for the police they gave them $100 pesos for gasoline.

This country can spend $300 million dollars for some obscure games that benefit very few but can't spend one centavo to protect our most precious resource, our visitors. There's something seriously wrong with this picture.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
And you didn't know THAT?!

The police patrol in our neighborhood (located on Anacaona of all places) never have any money for gas. The one in Arrollo Hondo has the same problem. Las Galeras, I suppose, is last in the list for them.

Josue Collado

Jul 31, 2003
home.attbi.com
Re: And you didn't know THAT?!

Pib said:
The police patrol in our neighborhood (located on Anacaona of all places) never have any money for gas. The one in Arrollo Hondo has the same problem. Las Galeras, I suppose, is last in the list for them.
Back in the 90's I went to DR for vacation and I was pushed inside a car and left whithout shoes on a side walk of ave. 27 de Febrero. They took my wallet and my shoes!! I went to Plan Piloto in Honduras (other side of the Mirador Park) and I ask the captain to go with me in their vehicle around to see if they could catch them... Do you know what the captain said? guess...
Sorry, the police Jeep don't have any gas. This was 1990 acording to my wife.