Bringing power to the lot . . . .

ltsnyder

Bronze
Jun 4, 2003
www.x3ci.com
I have a lot that is near the power grid. I need only add one post to get power to my house. Now the current owner of the parcel that is selling land in the urbanization plan, has been promising me power for the last 6 months, but I'd like to proceed on my own. My understanding is that I can have a cement street post placed for about $3000 RD (ok maybe I'm way off, but I can still pay for it). Anyway, I can have the post placed, I imagine, but then what are the legal procedures to extending the electical grid one post and contacting the company about having the meter placed (I imagine having the meter placed, needs to happen after I get the deed assigned to my title). I really want to be prepared to proceed with out the owner/ urbanization zone rep, he seems to take forever. This would be in Puerto Plata. I guess a similar question exists for how to extent the phone network to the post I place too.

Any help is appeciated.

-Lee

PS:

I guess I should add, that I think I have a choice of a couple "end" electrical posts in the area, and that might make a difference of what "power grid" I am on, is there any chance I could choose the power grid, who would I be dealing with?

Last edited: