For the women

MaryS

Feb 13, 2003
We celebrated my 50th birthday and our anniversary last month in Sosua. I was treated to pampering at Yolanda and Susi's Day Spa... ( around the curve from Rocky's Bluesbar ). For all you ladies you love a good massage, facial, pedicure, this is the place for you. Josefina gave a very good theraputic massage, Marialea (sp) gave a facial that was excellent. The pedicure was also relaxing. Massage = 500 pesos, Facial = 500 pesos, pedicure = 200 pesos. A little higher than most places, but well worth it.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Happy 50th Mary!

I'm glad you enjoyed your beauty treatments! I must say,however,that 1,200 pesos is a months wages to many people in the countryside of the Dominican Republic,and a weeks wages,or more,to lots of people in Santo Domingo!!Irealize that they often offer a "Special Price" to tourists visiting here,but 1,200 pesos is "Above & Beyond" taking advantage of someone!They should be ashamed of themselves!I guess the bottom line is that you were happy with their service.You might want to ask for a discount next time,say,75%?
Cris cc

AlaninDR

Mr. Chunky Skin
Dec 17, 2002
Re: Happy 50th Mary!

Criss Colon said:
I'm glad you enjoyed your beauty treatments! I must say,however,that 1,200 pesos is a months wages to many people in the countryside of the Dominican Republic,and a weeks wages,or more,to lots of people in Santo Domingo!!Irealize that they often offer a "Special Price" to tourists visiting here,but 1,200 pesos is "Above & Beyond" taking advantage of someone!They should be ashamed of themselves!I guess the bottom line is that you were happy with their service.You might want to ask for a discount next time,say,75%?
Cris cc

If you think that's bad....ask about her sankie at Boca Chica ;)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Congrats Mary on your 50th birthday and your anniversary

Mary I want to hear about that sankie ;)

MaryS

Feb 13, 2003
Services

"I guess the bottom line is that you were happy with their service"

Yes Cris, I was very happy with their services and even gave them a tip. Just doing my best to help out the local economy.

MaryS

Feb 13, 2003
Sankie

I was actually gonna save my sankie for a whole other post, but...

I was beginning to feel left out since I had never met one! He offered to take me to the local disco and make me "smile" all night. He was the massage "therapist" at our hotel. And yes, Cris, I got double robbed ( and Alan wondered why I had oil in so many interesting places ). LOL, just doing my bit for the south coast.

btw... he really, really wanted to give Alan one too!

Last edited:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
If this gets any more revealing,we will have to move it to "Mars/Venus"

Anna has a way of bringing out the "truth" in people!

or,"How I got "Rubbed The RIGHT WAY" in the DR!
ccccccccccccccccc:confused: