News reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jose?to

The thread finally snapped...
Jun 19, 2002
The silence WAS INDEED deafening after Chiri's post.

Then Erickxson drops the ultimate bomb on cc.

So cc closes the thread. You could say that was his way of shutting himself up since he couldn't put up.

Well said, Chiri.

Well said, Erickxson.

Joseito
Every dog has his day...INDEED

Last edited:

LOPTKA

Feb 12, 2002
My husband (Dominican) would go into tenares about once a week for the paper. My daughter needed it to cut words out for her homework. That was all it was ever used for. But then again he really doesn't read that well so watches the news instead. The paper would be down in his colmado but noone ever looked at it. I think it had more to do with difficulty reading not because they were not interested in what was going on. I think that the higher level of education is more apt to read newspapers. It is like that is USA as well. Some many people on this board are married to Dominicans and all they do is put Dominicans down. Why did you marry one then? Why are you having Dominican children if you think so poorly of the people in general. Or are your wifes and kids exceptions? I am proud to be married to my Dominican husband, and proud of my 2 dominican children!! PS, we are not together for papers etc, he is US citizen,built house down there and lives there now!!!!. I came up for summer.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Joseito
You have to respect the moderator's decision when enough is enough. Has nada to do with you or me or anyone else.

Enough is enough

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Let's cool down

May I offer a constructive suggestion? That we open a new thread, possibly in the DR debates section, about the best ways of helping people in the DR? Could I ask that the constructive contributions from the last couple of pages of the "Reading the News" thread be transferred to the new thread?

Chiri

Forbeca

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
not for nothing...

But I am so disappointed with the way the dominicans came across on that other thread, I doubt it anyone w/ listen to you guys going forward.

jose?to

The thread finally snapped...
Jun 19, 2002
Well, ANNA, what makes YOU think that we are not respecting the moderator?

Ironically, no one has EVER had a problem with the other moderators.

And it is not about THE moderator, it's about DOMINICANS NOT READING THE NEWS.

j.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
joseito

Did you notice that some of the more intelligent Dominicans on this board (Golo, mondongo,etc) did not contribute to that thread? Most likely because, like Forbeca already said, you and a few others quickly desroyed a lot of the credibility on that side of the discussion with your rants.

I think Chirimoya had a good idea of recreating the topic under the debates forum. If that happens, Joseito, why dont you just lurk and read what everyone else posts for a while. You might learn something. All threads do not have to be destroyed with your rediculous posts you know.

Larry

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
See What I Mean?

I guess 15 "Minutes of Fame" are not enough for some people! The other thread,and now this thread are yesterday's newspapers.Done! Closed!

By MODERATOR

Status
Not open for further replies.