La Soga (The Rope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZEUS

Bronze
Feb 14, 2003
Please tell me if this is true. I was talking to my cousin whon lives in Santiago (my hometown) and he was teling me about this cop nicknamed " la soga.. the rope". According to my cousing, this guys has murdered over 15 people. He shoots first and asks questions later. His nickname is so because once he's loose on your tail, you're as good as dead. His last victim was shot in Barrio Cien Fuego. The victim was dying on the floor and la 'soga' came up to him and shot him at close range. Can someone shed some light into this..

Barbaro !!!!

Adios,

Zeus (primus inter pares)

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
I think I saw that movie the other day...lol

seriously, I have laso heard that cops setimes get fed up with certain criminals and just eliminate them.

never heard of the rope . I have heard of Jack Veneno though. I bet he can kick the rope's ass.

sorry dude, I just needed a laugh

:cool:

Last edited:

Tony Cabrera

Sep 24, 2002
Well....

when i was in Santiago this past july, i was staying in el barrio
ens. gregorio luperon, aka "camboya", boy let me tell you all the
tigueres were afraid of this men, he'll pass by the corner of any street and right away they will hide. what i was told about this men is (he belong to the robbery squad) that if you (robber) were
taken to the police three times for thef and you did it again, he'll
find you and kill you, that was what i was told. This men is well known in all the barrio of Santiago, maybe HB will tell you more.

Tony Cabrera

ps: camboya was safe when you mentioned his name.....

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
this sounds like an urban legend.

like I said before, I have heard what cops do over there but this rope things sounds like it was made up to scare the delincuents.

anyone know whi the "rope" is?

are he and AZB related? lol

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
La Soga is not an URBAN Legend

He exists and his fame is well deserved.

Tony was dead on (no pun intended, until I wrote that). the guy has no conscience about putting away delinquents of any stripe.

Most people learn, but a few do not.

HB

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
As long as he doesn't mistake a good guy for a bad guy, he's OK with me.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Could he be re-assigned to Santo Dpmingo?

Maybe he could be moved from town to town.They bad guys would never know when he was going to show up!
"Eddy",..There ARE no GOOD GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

ps,we are all entitled to a MISTAKE now and again.So he gets a few BEFORE they commit the crime.Lets just call it a pre-emptive strike!!!!!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Chandalier(did I spell that right?) was doing a great job,at first!

But then Hipolito pulled his chain so hard he had to back off!Hipolito said he was to hard on the poor,and should start arresting the sons of the Rich for drag racing on "La Lincoln"!!!

I say more "Drag Racing",less "Chopo Ladronasos"!!!

They stole my puppy this week!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCccccccccccccccccc

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
La soga, isn't he from puerto plata? I once met a police captain who is now a coronal, he was bragging about how many tigres he had killed all over the country. Most guys were even afraid of his shadow in the day light. He was known to shoot robbers and other criminals with his browning hi-power 9mm, even when they were running away from him. He was a mean dude.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
cool stories

If, or more like when I own a condo in the DR and if someone were to break into it and steal my belongings or steal anything of mine for that matter I would have absolutely NO PROBLEM with the police shooting him. No problem at all. I would not lose a wink of sleep that night.

I would look at it like this:

--he knew stealing is wrong
--he knew there are police that shoot people for doing this
--he took a calculated risk
--he got caught and shot
--ffuck em

Larry

Last edited:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Larry

You'll notice that the only people that are worrying about the guys who die in "armed confrontations with elements of the Nation Police force" are the same ones that took the Pledge of Alligence out of the classroom and think surveilence camaras are a violation of your civil rights. Nobody in the DR gives a damn about them.

And that is why the Soga is doing his work.

HB

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
La soga is just one reason they should accelerate human cloning.

I wish the DR had a few more and that they all came under the command of Candelier.

We live in hope?

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Could you guys go bask and read through this thread and listen to yourselves? Have you all gone mad...or are you living with such fear in the DR that you justify the actions of individuals like this? And you complain about the impunity that exists back in the DR while at the same time justifying it, because it serves your purpose. I'm dissapointed to hear people like HB and Robert justifying this guy. It just shows that deep down we are all just a bunch of hypocrites, who complain about the lack of justice, corruption and other things in the DR only when it's not serving our purpose. I believe deep down most of us prefer the DR to stay the way it is (Chaotic, corrupt, etc) because this way we can get away with all kinds of shhhtuff that we would not be able to get away with in a developed country. I see people rooting for Candelier. This guy is nothing but a thug and a thief...Tell me how a person on a cop salary can afford a house in one of the most exclusive areas in the DR. A house that even has a heliport on the roof...Why don't we just bring back Trujillo...Maybe he would be tough enough...

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
suarezn,
In a land where lying, stealing,scamming,corruption etc. is omnipresent it only seems fitting that there would be an x-factor like La Soga. His existance and the existance of others like him is a product of these character flaws which weigh on the country. Like I stated in my previous post. If someone KNOWS that people like him are out there but still resorts to theivery or what have you and gets killed, then he has taken a calculated risk and lost. Live by the Sword, die by the Sword.

Larry

edited to add: If I was living there I would be happy to know there were people like La Soga out there. You see, I would not be burglarizing peoples houses or robbing them. If I was then I would have something to worry about.Its much better to complain about the injusticed thrust upon the innocent good people instead of the injustices thrust upon the bad ones, dont you agree?Maybe thats where you should be focusing your attention .Think about it.

Last edited:

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
Re: La Soga is not an URBAN Legend

Hillbilly said:
He exists and his fame is well deserved.

Tony was dead on (no pun intended, until I wrote that). the guy has no conscience about putting away delinquents of any stripe.

Most people learn, but a few do not.

HB

I stand corrected. so is this guy in Santiago or PP?

he sounds like a real cowboy

Tony Cabrera

Sep 24, 2002
La soga

is from Santiago and going back to the post reply by suarezn, what i said about this men is that he will give the thief 3 chances, heck he even go to the jail were these individual are and warned them. This people (robbers) only understand violence and believe me i was there and saw it with my two eyes.....

lalla

Bronze
Mar 10, 2003
Re: Chandalier(did I spell that right?) was doing a great job,at first!

Criss Colon said:

They stole my puppy this week!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCccccccccccccccccc

CC did you ever find your puppy? :-(

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
Well I know some Santiago cops too, and I am pretty sure they don't apply the 3 strikes rule to folks who give them their cut.

My car was stolen last week, and I wouldn't exactly cry if the guy who took it got shot down in the street, but I still don't think it's right that a society too chicken shit to officially have any death penalty would apply the Mexican "runaway law" on average 200 times a year, sometimes for such heinous crimes as minor drug use and having unpopular political views.

If these guys were being killed in the act that's one thing, but given the average education and intelligence level of a dominican cop, you would have to assume they just shoot one of the "usual suspects" whenever crime seems to go up.

If this guy has the ethics of the Lone Ranger or something than that's great and it's wonderful there's someone like that cruising around, but that definitely makes him an anomally in the Dominican Police, and more likely it is because of the existence of guys like this that the Dominican people put up with so much crap from their government, they don't want to speak up and end up on this guy's list.

Status
Not open for further replies.