the dollard is going down

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I would take that with a pinch of salt.
Published rates mean very little if your doing business here.

The other day for the first time ever, our bank was willing to out bid the cambios to exchange US$ for RD$.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Robert said:
I would take that with a pinch of salt.
Published rates mean very little if your doing business here.

The other day for the first time ever, our bank was willing to out bid the cambios to exchange US$ for RD$.

Why wouldnt the cambios immediately up their bids when the banks top them? Why would they change dollars for less?

Larry

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
and....the price of "Combustibles" was raised yet again!!!!!

"Me Don't Likes THAT Man"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
ERICKXSON said:
hey guys i predict Hippo will try to lower the Dollard to RDS$25.00 to boost re-election effort after the games.

he has no control over the dollar, look at how recent measures have failed.

ERICKXSON

Bronze
Dec 24, 2002
www.creambay.com
robert you are right on the money however mr. hippo can try new measures like presuring the business sector with more taxes etc!

take a look at this from el Listin Diario

Hip?lito propone
Si bajan la prima a 25x1, se elimina el 5%
PUNTA CANA.El presidente Hip?lito Mej?a garantiz? ayer al sector privado que si logra, junto al Gobierno, reducir la tasa de cambio a un m?nimo de RD$25.00 por cada d?lar, eliminar?a el impuesto del cinco por ciento sobre los ingresos brutos de las exportaciones de bienes y servicios. En respuesta a una inquietud externada por el hotelero Frank Rainieri Marranzini, sobre los efectos que tendr?a esa medida en el sector en caso de que sea mantenida m?s all? de diciembre pr?ximo, Mej?a dijo: ??Ellos no pagan. Si pagaran y bajaran la tasa de cambio a 25 por uno, inmediatamente dejar?a sin efecto ese impuesto??.

this might be another joke!

Last edited:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
How can you tell when Hipolito is lying?????????

His lips are moving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Why does anyone place any credibility in anything that he says?

Some people NEVER learn!!!

You will see 250 to 1 before you see 25 to 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc:confused:

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Si bajan la prima a 25x1, se elimina el 5%

How completely idiotic!

That's the equivalent of siphoning gas out of the cars tank, blaming the driver because he's running on fumes, and then promising to keep taking more gas until the tank magically fills up again all by itself.

WHY does anybody pay any attention to the intellectually vacuous blatherings of this man?!???!!

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Just one question ...

What, exactly is a dollard? Is a 'dollard going down' like a boring person in an elevator heading to the lobby? (Yes Larry I know there are other ways of interpreting the last half of that but I'm not going there). So why are we talking about currency in this thread?

:: bored ::

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
Is the dollard going down

For information only!!!
The latest International exchange rate according to ONANDA.COM is 33.75/1.
It has been hovering around that figure for the past week. Maybe, just maybe the Peso is seeking a stable level?????????

Texas Bill

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Re: Is the dollard going down

Texas Bill said:
Maybe, just maybe the Peso is seeking a stable level?

Bill, I agree. And if you're really from Texas then you know what you find laying all over the bottom of the stable.

andy a

Bronze
Feb 23, 2002
Markets just love to prove public opinion wrong.

With so many dire predictions, including the Economist predicting 41 to 1 (even if next year), the peso might very well hold in this area for awhile.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I forsee a whole string of threads. Soon we will have one about the peso going down. This will be followed eventually by another about the dollar (or dollard) going down. Etc., etc., etc.