Sat TV in DR

MikeKO

Apr 12, 2002
After a bit of comptemplation on the issues, I've pretty much decided that I want to set up my Sat TV in the DR as with sham accounts for a Canadian DBS provider, and for DirecTV. To make this work I have to bring in two sat receivers (1 for each). I have 2 questions:

1. Can you pick up the canadian DBS services in DR?
2. How do I get the the recievers in?
2A. Do I just need to cards?

Thanks
Mike

Jerry K

Jan 1, 2002
Satified customer

Not an advertisement and slightly off topic but a recommendation after a job well done.
After talking to Eddy of Sports Bar fame, contacted Dolphie Milz in Sousa concerning installing a 6 foot dish. I brought down from Florida two programmed Dish Network units.
Day after talking to Dolphie dish in and working flawlessly.

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
Jerry K, did you purchase the 6 foot dish here? How much are they going for now?

D & D

Jul 17, 2003
Dish Size

Do you have to have one of those giant ones or will those 18" size work as well?

Where do you find the providers? What is an average cost per month? Can you run a computer through it?

D & D

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Ay!

Do a search! Use the keyword 'satellite'. You'll find numerous threads answering all those questions and more that you haven't even though of yet.

No. You can not use the 18" dish. That's all you get for free. Do your homework! :: smile ::

MikeKO

Apr 12, 2002
Based on Eddy's first reply (Thanks Eddy!), I did some more searching. I must admit I'm appalled at how you get recievers into DR, but, when in Rome... Anyway, one final question. Since all of the North American DBS services require 6 - 8 ft dishes, what happens if you want to live in a condo or apartment? Are you SOL?

Mike

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Probably.

But money talks here. Don't be afraid to ask the owners what kind of a deal :: wink-wink-nudge-nudge :: you can work out!

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I'm sure quite a few Condos will let you put a dish up. As long as it is out of site. You may even want to check it there is an existing "Working" dish. Then you can work out a deal with the owner of that dish. You basically can connect dozens of receivers to 1 dish with the proper equipment.