URGENT TV part needed

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
None on the north shore. "Memory chip (CF30E50)" For a 32" Toshiba TV. If anyone knows of an outlet in Sto. Dgo. please let me know ASAP. E-mail or PM please. Don't respond here. Thanks.

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
Hi Eddy. Can you please list the chassis number of the TV? You only listed the model. FYI Memory chip don't usually go bad and are very reliable. The information stored in the chip DOES get corrupted on occasions and this alone is the cause of many headaches. The Chip can be reprogrammed 99% of the times with the correct configuration information for the chassis number of the TV set.

If you are unable to locate a replacement chip (probably not here in the DR anyway) and if I can locate the configuration info for your chassis, I'll be more than happy to reprogram the chip for you - I have all sorts of chip programmers.

Please list the TV chassis number and chip part number (ask the tech for both numbers). I'll see if I can get the information required to reprogram the chip for you. If you have a second TV of the same exact type than we already have the configuration data need to program the corrupted chip. It is just a matter of reading the chip in the working unit and programming the faulty chip :) The memory chips used in most TVs for storing configuration data is an I2C serial eeprom and is of the 24CXX variety with the 24C02 and 24C08 being the most popular.

Out of curiosity, what exactly are the symptoms displayed by the TV? Does it power on? Do you have audio and no video? Is a thin horizontal line visible across the center of the CRT? Is the picture frame distorted in any way?

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
eeeeee. I hope we can get away with this. Anyway, I'll have to wait untill Monday to get the chassis #. Sympthoms, every time I try to do something, it turns off. Cannot scan for new channels, when I press either channel or volume, a bar comes up accross the screen and I have to unplug it to get it working again. etc. etc. I'll PM you when I get more info. Probably Monday. TNX.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
You're right

I'm sorry but I tried PM. Don't have his e-mail. Won't do it again I promise.