Let's try this one more time???? RENTAL NEEDED

GirlieGirl

Jun 19, 2003
Okay Guys, I figured I would try this one more time as it is much closer now and I have more in mind of what I need and want.

Looking for 2 BR rental for long term in the Cabarete area. I will consider places outside Cabarete, I am in Costambar now and need to get closer to Cabarete for less of a commute.

Three people will be staying (hubby, sis and myself), 2 adult cats that are declawed.

Would prefer a house/villa to an apartment/condo, but will consider anything. Would also prefer a/c or the ability for us to install a/c and the ability to obtain internet access.

Please give me a pm or an email and let me know if you have something or you know someone that has something... or you know someone that knows someone that has something.

Looking for an estimated move in date of October 1st... give or take a few weeks.

PUH LEASE LET ME KNOW....

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
GirlieGirl, your best option is to come to Cabarete and start looking around. If we make a time, I'll introduce you to a good realtor and you can see what they have. I can also tell you what I know about most apartment type accommodation down here.

So, let's make some time, come on down and you will find a place.

GirlieGirl

Jun 19, 2003
I hope you know something that I don't

Chris,

I sincerely hope you know something that I don't. I have been to Cabarete at least 2 days every week for the past month and a half. I have inquiries in with Remax North Coast, Juan Perdomo, Josefina Covents, and many other private individuals. The best thing I can find is a 2br 2ba house with an office, ac, satellite just east of Cabarete for 1,800 USD a month. THAT IS MORE THAN MY DAMN MORTGAGE IN THE US!!!! AND IT DOES NOT EVEN HAVE A DAMN POOL!

GGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

(that is gonna be my new thing ok??? Since Criss has the CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCs I am going to have the GGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!)

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
You still haven't stopped in to Condos. Except for A/C - You can have Cable TV, DSL, Satellite, etc. for under 500.00.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Geez GG you're getting the gringo rates for sure! You can rent in Sea Horse ranch for that! Call my friend Klaus at FROKA, 571-2509, and tell him Tom sent you.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
heheh!

I must know something that you don't (joke). We stay in a 3 bedroom house with 1 bedroom cottage with pool with generator in beautiful surroundings for $600 a month.

Seriously, when you come down next, let's have a cup of coffee together and I can tell you what I know. We shopped for a rental last year and learnt a lot of stuff. Slowly looking toward buying at the moment now that we've found our feet.

GirlieGirl

Jun 19, 2003
AIAIAIAIAI

Chris,

I have to run out to a meeting.... can you email me??? Your phone number or anyway to contact you late afternoon?? Maybe we could get together this evening if you are not busy.

JanH

Dec 26, 2002
GG - have you tried Casa Linda? that's where our home is. It's between Cabarete and Sosua - gated community; each house has private pool.

I believe the rental rates - long term - are around $800/mo. How long did you want to rent?

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
JanH, I assume you own there or do you rent? They are two different things and unless the management has changed there in the last two years I would not rent there if there was an open tent available on the beach.

JanH

Dec 26, 2002
Xanadu - We own there. Haven't had any problems with manager or owner. Did you rent thru them or thru owner of house?

Some owners don't like manager and will only talk to owner. Don't know what Camden Tom's experience has been or Cadaha's experience either.

we've had alot of enhancements done to house long distance and always been satisfied with cost and workmanship that Werner oversaw.

We'll be renting to just people we know and only for short term. We'll handle it ourselves; maid will come in while renters are there. at least that's the plan.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
I rented directly through the administration, not from the owner. One of the worst experiences of my life. Did a little research into the guys past after it all and found I was not alone, just one in a long line of victims.

But that's all I will say publicly. I am just relating honestly my experiences there. I was new in the country and got taken advantage of by an expert.

Tom (aka XR)

GirlieGirl

Jun 19, 2003
Hmmmm

Well XR and JanH please contact me privately and let me know. A realtor emailed me today with a 2br/2ba home with a pool in Casa Linda for $850 USD mo plus electric.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
That seems excessive to me!! A friend of mine was recently renting a 2 B/R on Casa Linda & thew rent was US $525 p.m.!! Seems XR has a point that there is an administration that is getting rich on unsuspecting "Newbies" to the country - even those who have been here a few months!!!! Jim Belaire is a good contact for Casa Linda & Dean Brown at Juan Perdomo knows hia way around too!! - Grahame.

ecarignan

Jan 9, 2003
www.commtech.ca
That seems excessive to me!! A friend of mine was recently renting a 2 B/R on Casa Linda & thew rent was US $525 p.m.!!

BB, it depends on how the rent is priced out. Casa Linda charges $165/month for security, backup hydro and garbage disposal. And another $100 for daily pool and garden maintenance. If you take the $850/month - $165 - $100, that only gives the owner a net rent of $585.
So, if you take your buddy at $525 + these costs, you'll get to $790.
By the way, it was me that offered my 3BR. The french couple that was staying in left for France because of sickness in their family. I'd rather rent than have no one in the house.

ecarignan

sunnyvillas

Blocked due to spamming
Apr 29, 2003
Helo GirlieGirl,

If you are still looking for a place in Cabarete or Sosua, let me knowand I can find you something for sure to your liking.

Just drop me an email and I will be glad to help out.

Casa LInda is pretty good, but the rentals really went up lately, I stayed there myself for over 6 month and I know all the charges also. Unless you can find a private owners to rent ( which I also know 1) you will not find anything less then 800 a month.

Buit I kno wof very nice apartments in Cabarete for less then that .
Tallk to you soon

JanH

Dec 26, 2002
Sunny - you need to quit taking the cheap way out by 'selling your wares' on DR1 for free.

I don't appreciate your steering people away from neighborhoods for your own personal gain.

People read DR1 for factual information; many unsuspecting people could take what you say as 'innocent suggestions', when in fact, you're in it for your own gain.