Help with September

Rachael

Feb 8, 2002
Realizing that noone can predict the weather even those who have studied long and hard to be meteorologists, can anyone tell me what I might expect 9/19-9/23? Is this "Hurrican Season"? I'm hoping to make a quick trip as I usually visit in March.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
September

September is the 9th month and it has 30 days according to the rhyme:
30 days hath September, April, June, and November...

Also Virgo and Libra are in September. Labor Day in the USA is in September. PUCMM was founded in September (9th). I was born in September and my mother was too. So was my #1 son.

Hurricane season began a couple of months ago. Nothing so far. Keeping our fingers crossed, we need the rain.

What's your problem? Go to the North Coast and enjoy life....

HB

All the rest have 31, save February...

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Rachael said:
Realizing that noone can predict the weather even those who have studied long and hard to be meteorologists
Really!? Guess I wasted my time getting that degree in atmospheric physics. Just don't tell that to any of the 600 radio stations in the US that use my forecasts every hour. :: smile ::

Yep! That's the heart of hurricane season. Be afraid, be very afraid! Are you prone to:
  • Getting struck by lightning?
  • Winning powerball lottery games?
  • Getting elected President while not even a candidate?
  • Being attacked by sharks while swimming in the ocean
  • Finding that one darn sock from each pair that always disappears forever into an alternate universe from the black hole at the bottom of your clothes dryer?

If you can answer 'yes' to any of the above, please stay home! Your chances of having any of those things happen to you are far higher than seeing a hurricane anywhere nearby during your visit. But if you're a very lucky person like that, watch out! Oh, and gives us a little warning so we can prepare then!

JanH

Dec 26, 2002
Xanadu - are you kidding about yourself?

what radio name do you have so I can tell people i know a celebrity!

Rachael - i always tell people they have more of a chance to be in the eye of a hurricane in the Gulf Coast, than down in DR. Seems like there are several hurricanes around Cancun, or Texas/Florida, or east coast every year.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
I don't want to post my full real name here. I like being a little bit annonymous, one of the reasons I retired, you know. PM me your e-mail and I will send you the info. It's a bit too long to send in a PM.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Living can be dangerous to your health. So, why worry about a hurricane in September? Come on down. Regards, PJT

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Re: September

Hillbilly said:
I was born in September and my mother was too. So was my #1 son.

Amazing stuff - I was also born in September and so was my #1 son (well, my only son). Virgo with Leo ascending (whatever this means!)

Party-time methinks. Rachael, come on down, you'll have a good time.

Rachael

Feb 8, 2002
Thanks for all of the comical responses, just hoping to grab a few days of pina colada's and fun in the sun. Oh Yeah, start seeking out higher ground, I'll be in the vacinity from the 19th to the 23rd.

P.S. I wish I was lucky enough to win the powerball, then I would be on a permanent vacation and I would not care about the weather at all!!!

Last edited:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
That's my birthdayweekend!

You are welcome in Santiago....pigout on Sunday.....

Glad you have a sense of humor!

HB

Rachael

Feb 8, 2002
Let me be the first to sing for you

Imagine beautiful singing voice (I know its a stretch)

Happy Birthday to you......Happy Birthday to You....... Happy Birthday Dear Hillbilly, Happy Birthday to you.

I couldn't think of a better place to celebrate anything.

Last edited:

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
But Rachael!

Where do you head to if you're already in the hills?

Looks like you'll miss the fun by about five days. We're expecting the storm in the neighborhood Monday. Barring a major catastrophe, the beaches will be all cleaned up and back to normal by Wednesday in plenty of time for your arrival. Just don't bring another one with you! LOL.

Rachael

Feb 8, 2002
I'll try not to, but I can't promise anything, after all, I guess I am pretty lucky, I better take a quick trip to RI to play the powerball! Hope all come out of this o.k. this week.

Last edited:

Liana

Sep 16, 2003
September - Rain or Shine, Here I Come

Hi All! :classic:

I'm new to this forum, but I must admit that I read this string of messages with great interest. I too will be landing on the DR's soil as of Sept. 19th and I'm curious to know what the weather is like in Puerto Plata. (I understand that "Hurrican Isabel" is more likely to encounter Dominicans in NC than those in the DR!)

I obviously don't mind a few rain storms, but I also hope that I will need to use plenty of sunscreen for my stay in Puerto Plata from Sept. 19th to Oct. 3rd. Please tell me that my hope will come true. :cool:

Cheers,
L.