Father Rogelio, what do you think of him?

ajicaribe

Dec 5, 2002
Dear All,

Positive a 100 % that everyone on these Forums have read about the Father Rogelio and his adventures, negotiator, community leader, and now organizer of the " Torch of hunger", his confrontations with police, so on and so far;

I would like to know what do do you generally think of this actions and person.

Somes friends I have in Santo Domingo say, we need more and more people like him, others say he is abusing his robe because he knows he is priest ( hopefully we will not have another Arnulfo Romero in the DR).

I know he is exposing his life as well and he has the support of the Catholic churh.

Your comments are welcome!

Cheers
Caribe

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
He has a mouth on him, that is certain

I think that he is the voice of his parish and he is very, perhaps too, closely associated with the feelings of his community.

He also appears to be a disciple of the Theology of Liberation from the Medell?n and Puebla get togethers. That is all well and good, but he tends to see boogy-men behind every door and under every bed. It gets tiring after a time.

You have to admire his b@lls, however, cause he really pi$$es some important people off!...And he has great ideas. The Tourch for Hunger was genius....

HB

ajicaribe

Dec 5, 2002
latest on this

I heard that he was in Moca last weekend, in the Barrio de los Lopez and the whole barrio was under heavy duty police patrol.

Bombs were detonated, lots of broken botellas on the street, arrests, and searches.

They are comparing him with Rabachol.

El tipo is very hot now with the Kentons I heard.

samiam

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
LoudMouth Rogelio

I think that he's too freaking loud. The work his mission does would have more merit if he where not such a loudmouth and politically involved.
He's also a radical that tends to stop at nothing to get what he wants and respects no one.
For Christ's sake, the guy wacked a cop with a bag full of rocks....and I heard La Soga is looking for him because of that!

Last edited: