Pepe is Back in the News?

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
El Caribe reports today the counsel for banker Ram?n B?ez Figueroa of Baninter fame is releasing information on the purchases made on the now famous credit card issued to and used by Pepe Goico. It is alleged Pepe bought sophisticated Israeli security equipment, was then sold to an unnamed foreign government, and ended up in the hands of Columbian rebels.

I was thinking, my God this episode is really snowballing. But, you can expect this of the D.R. What else is new? Then, I thought about the U.S. and Iran/Contra. It only suggests the universality of government hanky panky. The end result is the people still end up paying for the sins of others. Why should the D.R. be any different? Regards, PJT

ajicaribe

Dec 5, 2002
Pepegate is still going, but nowhere

Wow, more of this.

I thought it was over. After he was re-incorporated into the army, which was the biggest shame in the whole saga.

Boooooo.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Applea and Oranges."Iran/Contra"* had a noble purpose!!!!

"Pepegate" is just about stealing money!!!ccccccccccccccccc

* Iran/Contra was a plan to free the US Citizens held hostage in the take-over of the American Embassy in Teheran!

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Re: Applea and Oranges."Iran/Contra"* had a noble purpose!!!!

Criss Colon said:
"Pepegate" is just about stealing money!!!ccccccccccccccccc

* Iran/Contra was a plan to free the US Citizens held hostage in the take-over of the American Embassy in Teheran!
Uh, CC, actually Iran/Contra was about the Reagan Administration's attempts to sell arms to Iran in order to finance the Contras in Nicaragua. The Teheran hostage crisis occured during Carter's last year. The hostages were freed just as Reagan was inaugurated.
Think maybe you need fewer Presidentes, my friend. ;)
Regards,
Keith

Last edited:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
My Heart was in the right place,but not my brain!

You did notice that I was drinking "Coke" in Sosua didn't you?
(Are you sure?Maybe I know more than you do????!You do know about the secret negotiations between Regan and Iran before he took office,yes?):bandit: ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
What I was saying in trying to compare Pepegate and Iran/Contra is continual deception of the public by government officials pretending to have no knowledge of these activities and the routine passive agreement in that deception by legislature bodies too frightened to oppose it. Regards, PJT

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
and YOU were RIGHT!

and I was WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and it was the "FIRST TIME",so you know what I feel like now!!!

At least Keith got to put me in my place!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCc:cool:

Apr 26, 2002
Both Were Quasi-Treasonous

Easy to confuse Iran-Contra with the negotiations engaged in by the "President-elect" to ensure that the hostages stayed in Iran until inaugoration day. Both involved Ollie North, and both were, in my opinion, borderline treasonous.

As for the alleged link with the Israelis and Columbian terrorsts, I can only hope that it will catch the eye of the FBI. I would very much like to see the US change its position of "see no evil" with the Hippo-led DR government.