Neptune Restaurant...

NY1

Feb 26, 2002
I have heard wonderful things about this restaurant located in Boca Chica. Does anyone know if they take reservations and if they have a dress code?

AlaninDR

Mr. Chunky Skin
Dec 17, 2002
Reservations are optional but encouraged during peak evening hours. Clothes are probably required. I've gone with t-shirt, sandals and cut-offs.

Little_Monkey

Sep 2, 2002
Great Place !

This is a wonderful place to eat....I would recommend making reservations because at times it gets so busy. Casual wear is no problem. You see just about everything...shorts, dresses, jeans and slacks...

Enjoy....
"little"

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Neptunos Restaurant...

NY1 said:
I have heard wonderful things about this restaurant located in Boca Chica. Does anyone know if they take reservations and if they have a dress code?

Overpriced really for what you get.

Features seafood, lobster is easily and often overcooked so tell them to watch it if it is grilled - I suppose boiled would be OK. The bisque is so salty we sent it back, there was no lobster taste whatsoever. - cows were streaming to the table for a lick it was that bad.

At times when the tide is low the smell of the seawater under your feet ( this is built out on piers over the water) can be more like a sewage smell than a sea smell - I would think this is true for any of the on water places on that road.

It's called Neptuno's by the way.

We paid RD$750 a head when the peso was about 22:1 or so , so be warned it must be nearly double that now.

As for dress code I think they'd like you to dress a bit but the tourists were in everything from dressy clothes to bathing suits so don't worry. There is a "VIP" sort of section that I think they only put you if you make the effort and that night it was empty.

The waiters dress like pirates and they do try for classy service but it is pretty DR style and you need to be pretty firm in getting things in order.

They also had live music which was a central american group playing the pan flute etc., quite good.

Do not expect Smith and Wollesnky's or even 25% of that style of dining though.

You get to it by going through the Hamaca Road and past the hotel and it and a guest house and a few other places are on the other side.

You may also want to consider Tula's on the road perpendicular to the Hamaca entrance - outdoor dining and quite fancy looking. After 20 + trips to BC in the past 3 years I have yet to dine there, though.

Premier

Aug 8, 2003
Typical tourist trap - Marginal food, indifferent service and outrageous prices.
There are many better dining venues is BC, but they might not suite your economic/social comfort level...

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
Definatly a tourist place. But its nice to see the fish under you. And I got a kick out of a little crab walking around.
If you go and like vegitarian food the veggi lasagne is great.
To me the music was a bit of a distraction. I would have prefered just to hear the sounds around me that the boxed music of the singers. But in general they were'nt bad...just not Dominiican flavor.

duhtree

Jun 2, 2003
If you would consider an alternative...

try La Langosta at the other end of BC. Next to Zapata's Hotel. It's on the roof of a 2 story building. Italian owned. Excellent ambiance, cuisine, staff, service and most importantly, food.

NY1

Feb 26, 2002
Well I'm going to be driving back from La Romana to Santo Domingo and I thought this would be a great place to stop, perhaps around sundown. I am Dominican American and would prefer something that's not so touristy, yet still romantic.
any other suggestions to go with La Langosta that was already given?

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Believe it or not Neptuno's serves one of the best sirloin steaks in the country.
Just because you are at the beach doesn't mean you must eat Seafood.

Tony C.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Skip all those places!

Try and find "DELISWISS" there in Juan Dolio/Guayacanes. I don't think there is a better restaurant on the whole island. Some are the equal, but none are "Better".

I am afraid it is a little hard to find. You have to take the Boulevard" through Guayacanes and turn left into the seaside road. Ask for Deliswiss and the locals can point you in the right direction. This is a don't miss place with a wine list to die for!. Not kidding.

HB