web cams in DR

Chris & Anewta

Jul 20, 2003
Hi!

Help me please!

Web cams is in DR? We can not find them. We go in PJ in November. We want to look it in internet. Where it is possible to find web cams?

Thank!

ajicaribe

Dec 5, 2002
There are lost of stores in Santo Domingo where you buy computers parts, and peripherals.

Santiago would be a choice for people living in the North Coast.

HTH
Caribe

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Uh...Er...I think they mean

active webcams they can view through real time - like the one of the Cancun strip. Like traffic cams all over North America.

Wait (not sure on this one but willing to take a stab at it) - maybe there aren't any; at least that I know of.

anyone else know of any?

Gregg

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
OK, if you mean those ones, you should order abroad, I don't think anybody sells them in country.

The best model I know of is made by axis communications and sells for around $300 bucks. (www.cdw.com) You cann see an example of it at www.gringosmojados.com, you need a java enabled browser to see it. It has it's own web server inside and runs with embedded linux, not too hard to set up actually, even if you don't know what "linux" is.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I think fireguy is right MrMike. These people don't want to buy one they want to look at the DR. in real time. Maybe there are some in Sto. Dgo. monitering the highways and tunnels...... What about it Crissssssssssssss.

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
Sorry, I'm in business mode. I should have understood that.

Well the webcam at my internet cafe is running, (www.gringosmojados.com) and that's the DR, but not very exciting.

A friend of mine has some running at www.Redesi.net, he points it at different things but none of them are ever very exciting either. Also for some reason they are all offline today, I'll have to ask him about that.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
There are several of the main roads here in "La Capital"

That they show on Local TV.I don't know how to access them.Eddy,I think you have given me an idea about how I can have some "Cake",and "Eat It"to! CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCc

"Colon Apartment Cam" all CC 24/7! "Visa" & "Mastercard" welcomed

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
All I see is an internet cafe and the other site doesn't work. Would be great to see something outside the cafe.

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
Told you it wouldn't be very exciting. Maybe I'll turn ot around the other way one of these days so you can see the cars going by outside, but I'm sure you can see cars going by without a webcam.

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
Aaah. . . .too bad I was busy last weekend. I was planning on heading to Bavaro/Punta Cana and shooting some videos. I would have already posted them online. Oh well maybe next weekend.

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
So if I put my web cam out the window to see the nalecon and the park can money be made doing this? Usually not alot of action but sometimes the park is very animated. Never know whats gonna pass down the street in Zona Colonial here next to the Malecon.

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
Hlywud, thanks for the compliment, but don't bother going back there, I'm no longer directly involved in the management, and the service level has dropped to one that I consider embarrassing.

Chris & Anewta

Jul 20, 2003
Hello DR1ers!

I am sorry for that first post. My girfriend skipped English classes often ;) Some of you were right (though it was hard to understand) we are looking for some webcams online to get real-time views of DR.

Thanks for those who tried to help us. Actually only one link worked out well (Gringos Mojados Cafe) but yes the only thing it shows is Cafe itself.

If anyone knows other links (please, only running ones) let us know!

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Someone once here posted a link to a site in Juan Dolio that has a live beach cam. That's the only one I've ever seen but I don't remember and can't find the URL.

P.S.
Hard to run a 24 hour a day web cam here in the DR when you've got 3 hour a day electrical service.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Jan said:
So if I put my web cam out the window to see the nalecon and the park can money be made doing this? Usually not alot of action but sometimes the park is very animated. Never know whats gonna pass down the street in Zona Colonial here next to the Malecon.

Jan: People probably would not pay to see the park...BUT I will tell you what people would pay to see is a set of web cams that were installed inside a cabana...Even I would pay to see that...Hmmm I just got myself a business idea.

Chris & Anewta

Jul 20, 2003
I think we've tried that Juan Dolio one but it was offline or something.

What is it a joke about 3 hours of electricity available?