You'll love this!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Last weekend a friend of mine was up in Cabarete or Sosua and had his Mitsubishi stolen.

His partner's brother is VERY close to his Baldness. The WORD went out and another friend, the head of Security at the games was informed

Lo and behold the "Jeepeta" appeared!! In the parking lot of the Police headquarters with different license plates and being driven by a GENERAL!!!!! LMAO!!!

As I find out names and stuff I wll let you know more!!!>

HB

More of the story:

The guy's partner was taking his mom to SDQ and had a flat. While changing the tire another friend stopped to help (these are not unknown folks),, and while talking it comes out that the second guy was on his way to SDQ to look for his stolen pick up truck. He had heard that it had been seen around Km 9. My very good friend tells him that his business partner had his jeepeta stolen just last Friday. No schitt? Yeah..and so forth.

Well the guy happens to go to the main police headquarters in SDQ and lo and behold there he sees a jeepeta just like the one my friend had told him about. Damn! Cell phone to friend, friend goes to PN HQ and asks whose jeepeta is that? Blah blah balh. Oh yeah? Wait a minute. "? am so and so and my company is so and so and the Baldness is like my father. Let me give him a call."
And proceeds to call the Palace. Running and scampering of PN officials. Another call to the original friend who was in Santiago..
What can you tell me to identify your jeepta?
Well there is a dent where one of HB's mangos fell on it. Then there is a scrape by the driver's door. Yup, yup.....
"Get your a$$ down here asap with all the papers!!.

PN keeps asking "Was the vehicle covered by full insurance? " Not once but three times they asked.

Not a general but a colonel....

Anyway when the documents prove that it is my friend's vehicle, he gets it back....EOS, but if it hadn't been for blind luck and serindipitous good fortune he would never have seen it again..
Oh yes. The PN get RD$40,000 for each fully insured vehicle they "Recover"!!......Of course the close relationship with His Baldness was very very very important in the whole thing!!

And I have another story just like this, but shorter...

HB

Last edited:

ajicaribe

Dec 5, 2002
Please, keep us posted

ay chichi
Please and thanks.

Keep us posted.

I would love to know more.

Ave Maria with the police.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Great stuff, HB.

As an aside, I might mention that about 10 days ago the Sosua farmacia that is on the highway, next to the Texaco station and almost opposite the police station was robbed during the night. Between cash and jewelry, the thieves got about RD$150,000. Then night before last, thieves tried to rob the Texaco station during the night. Texaco is more or less kitty corner from the police station. During the robbery, the thieves beat the hell out of the safe, but to no avail. However, there had to have been a lot of noise.

The local people are afraid to speak out loud about who they think the thieves were.

ajicaribe

Dec 5, 2002
Increible then

Ken, this is end then.

Both places just accross the street ( only 2 lanes), at night, plus the espanta pajaros (safe) at the gate they have.

I guess on that daisy chain Bommarito will be next.

What about the Junta de Vecinos, or better yet the Gringos in Sosua, maybe if they express their concerns and fears to the monkies, they will do something.
I assume this because most of the griongos own the businesses.
No Camara de Comercio either to cry out loud to them.

Que asote!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
A brief update

From the time the first person spotted the jeep and confirmed that it was, indeed, my friend's, until my friend's partner got there to talk hard, the vehicle "disappeared"!!, and when the partner got there and asked for it he was told that "No such vehicle exists!

As a result of his calling the National Palace, the vehicle appeared: With new license plates and a different name plate from the original seller!!! Still, when the owner arrived at the National Police Headquarters, and proved that it was his vehicle, it took 3 1/2 hours to return it to him.

AND they said that there had been no report of the stolen vehicle. My friend said "Yes there was, the colonel in POP called the colonel in Santo Domingo at such and such hour last Friday."

When they checked the records the call was recorded.

"Something even more worrisome:

My friend, on advice of his lawyer, placed a block on transferring the vehicle title in the computers of the DGII (Internal Revenue) This information is in the mainframe and should show on every screen in the country. HOWEVER, when they checked in Santo Domingo, the transfer block had been removed!! Who can do that??? I wonder.

I am sad to say that this is true....because this just proves the US against THEM menatlity of the National Police. And it shows why the AMET were created, because nobody respected the regular police in the least....I wonder how long before the Police are disbanded.

HB:angry:

bladeNYC

May 14, 2003
www.dr1.com
UNBELIEVABLE!!

Whoa, unbelievable story HB. As Dominican, it is a shame for me to know that things like this are still happening in my ?Pais? these days :disappoin . I see things haven?t change much. HB, I hope these assHs pay for this shameful act. :mad:

________
bladeNYC
DR1, my new bARRIO:alien:

An Evil

Aug 11, 2003
You'd think generals have enough of a racket with the drug-traffic, chartering yolas off Samana and other scandalous things. But apparently, they still have to steal our stuff to make ends meet.