Terramar Estates

GirlieGirl

Jun 19, 2003
Terramar Estates:

Okay all... oppinions needed... never been... do not know the area... through one of my recent inquiries to a realtor I was sent this house... in Terramar Estates... beautiful and has all the amenities I desire... of course at a higher price than I originally wanted... BUT I am willing to pay it I like it so much.... so... tell me before I go visit it... what is the property there like??? Upscale??? Downscale??? Noisy??? Also... where is it in reference to Cabarete/Sosua and Casa Linda?

Thanks so much..

Sorry but realtor cannot answer questions at 10:46 at night :)

GirlieGirl

Jun 19, 2003
Well...

Since new things have come to light....

Let me ask this... what in your mind is the best neighborhood around cabarete or up to sosua???? And if it is why???

AND NO I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT SEAHORSE RANCH CAUSE I CANNOT AFFORD IT!;)

rendul

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
rendul.tripod.com
Communities

There are several developments between Cabarete and Sosua. They all rent out houses. There is Costa Azul, Lomas Mironas (although there are not many homes there yet) Perla Marina, Pro Cab (which is in Cabarete) and Casa Linda. If you have means of transportation any of these locations would be suitable. Pro Cab is immediately adjacent to Cabarete so no vehicles are required if working in Cabarete. And, regardless of what others say on this board there are quite a few realtors who manage homes in these communities. Email me if you would like a more complete list of realtors in the area. Sea Horse Ranch is the extreme.

Good Luck ;)

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
GirlieGirl

FROKA had nothing? He manages houses for people who have built them and left and always has something in many of those projects. But at local prices not $1000/month tourist prices. Generally the local realtors that manage houses have much better prices than the franchise named ones simply because the others deal with vacationers and tourists all the time.

TerraMar is in Sosua Abajo. The entrance is just a few meters west of the Texaco station in Charamico.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Exactly what I told her

Costa Azul is a nice project and even has a little golf course there.

i am sure that there is simething nice within easy walking distance...You'll get your morning and evening exercise..

HB

KenoshaChris

Jan 4, 2002
I was thinking about buying at Terramar and Isabel said that if I bought there, she wouldn't go with me. I had heard about some burglaries and the like there; even a home invasion. Then she told me about her friend and her husband who had been held hostage in their home for over 24 hours. Then one of the security guys where I'm at now was telling me about Terramar when he did security there. It was a nightmare with the tigres coming in from over the hill. Glad I didn't buy there.

JanH

Dec 26, 2002
Kenosha - Is Terramar the little subdivision on the right between Sosua and Cabarete? I remember the realtor showed us a house there but said there was a "housing project" across the field and people have come over from there and burglarized some of the houses.

KenoshaChris

Jan 4, 2002
No, Terramar isn't on the way to Cabarete. Its in the other direction. If you're coming into Sosua from the airport, Terramar is on the right hand side of the road just before you get to the Bienvenied Sosua sign.

JanH

Dec 26, 2002
Oh, yes - I know where it is. We weren't impressed, and didn't like location.

We didn't like Coasta Azur either. Has the 9-hole course but neighborhood either had pristine houses or neglected houses. The one we looked at was cheap - but in shambles.

There had been break-ins there from, we heard, the "housing project" across the field.

GirlieGirl

Jun 19, 2003
Dean Brown Called...

Dean Brown called yesterday... it seems he has a place in Pearla Marina that is more suited for our needs at the exact same price... I am going to check it out tomorrow... I will let you know what happens...

Paul Thate

Jan 11, 2002
As the security in casa linda is very much better
The same house in perla marina should be half the
price as Casa Linda
Perla Marina has NO security.
Better you rent in Pro Cab in Cabarete and go together
with your neighbours on a security guard.
Now you do way better and cheaper then in Perla Marina and you
are in walking distance from where you should be.

GirlieGirl

Jun 19, 2003
Paul...

Paul, Do you work for Casa Linda???? :classic: You are the first person to say anything like that in regards to the comparison of Casa Linda versus Pearla Marina!!! Not that it is a problem, I love to have everyones oppinions!

As for the value... this is not the same house. The house in Casa Linda is a 2br/2b home. Pearla Marina is a 4BR/3BA home, with air conditioning, and a full stove (which everyone who knows me, knows I love to cook). In addition is has the garage for the hubby and is on a quarter of an acre rather than a tiny lot, which is important as well to us.

We are not eliminating Casa Linda as we like the house very much, however we are entertaining our options and ... well we will see it tomorrow morning, and I will let everyone know my decision tomorrow evening.

JanH... will you still come visit if we are not neighbors???

Paul Thate

Jan 11, 2002
Casa Linda versus Perla Marina

No I do not work at all. Over the years I have arranged several deals on properties in the area . But unlike other people always do it without commisions and fees. For me its for the fun to put a deal together and helping friends out.
If I had an interest in my advice I would have told you
and anybody that was reading it.
You were right asking I suspect to often that posters on this board have a financial interest in their advise.
Casa Linda is as you say far from perfect and extra billing
like electricity might add much to your monthly cost.
Houses and lots are small. But as a project it is well maintained and clean. And it is secure. One cannot say that about Perla Marina .
Am I the first person that compares Casa Linda favorable
to Perla Marina.? I am surprised you say that As you even prove my point . As you say you get a whole lot more house for the same amount of money.
more bedrooms , larger lot and a garage etc.
And there is an reason for that. Which is security and a cared for project.. Check your priorities If you don't care about security and want more house Perla Marina is the place for you.

In my post where you believed I worked for Casa Linda I even suggested you would be better of in Pro Cab Cabarete
Arrange security with your neighbours .
My guess is you will be happiest there.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Perla Marina

GG, relax. Perla Marina is fine and I know lots of folks living there. Rent the house you like at a place you enjoy and stop listening to the the Nellies around here worried so dang much about security. There is no such thing.

When I lived at CL the 'security' guards would shoot off the shotguns at chickens at night when they got bored (really made me feel safe). Really curtailed any thought of a midnight walk for me! If you want to listen to all the possible ways people have been robbed you'll get on the next plane bound back for Harlem or Watts and feel safer. A security guard insures nothing other than the fact that now when you get robbed you have to consider that the guard did it or was in on it right along with the 'burglars'.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I know several people who either live in Perla Marina, or did, and have not heard about any security problems. This isn't to say there can't or won't be, but I wouldn't say that about any community, gated or otherwise.

Do you remember the mainers, frequent posters on the board? They lived there, loved it, and would still be there except for their inabaility to get health insurance in the DR for their handicapped daughter.