More Gold Medals

Formosano2000

Mar 5, 2003
ERICKXSON said:
Dominicana has 27 medals 5 Golds yupiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Hmm, out of the 5 golds, one was won by a US citizen (Felix Sanchez) and another by a "chinito". Perhaps they should convince some Cuban athletes to defect and conver into Dominican citizens as well to increase DR's chance for future golds ;)

ERICKXSON

Bronze
Dec 24, 2002
www.creambay.com
Formosano you need to get a few screws fixed in your head they are DOMINICAN CITIZENS the chinitos and FELIX SANCHEZ what the hell, they were playing for the Dominican team how many AMERICAN born are in the AMERICAN team?.

all you make is negative coments about Dominicans if you don't like it get on the same Plane and get the hell out of the Island.

Thank you :p

Formosano2000

Mar 5, 2003
Hold your flame

ERICKXSON said:
Formosano you need to get a few screws fixed in your head they are DOMINICAN CITIZENS the chinitos and FELIX SANCHEZ what the hell, they were playing for the Dominican team how many AMERICAN born are in the AMERICAN team?.

all you make is negative coments about Dominicans if you don't like it get on the same Plane and get the hell out of the Island.

Thank you :p

Erickxson:

As a neutralized Dominican citizen myself, I do not make unqualified criticism on anything Dominican. If anything, I try to bring a different perspective on things where the locals have blind spots because they are only used to a certain way of thinking. This is the same worldwide. People living in a culture can often gain from outsiders for alternative perspective. Sometimes I'm wrong, sometimes they are. But all can learn from such exchange of ideas and opinions, don't you agree ?

I just hope these "chinitos", as legally Dominican as any criollos, will be warmly embraced by Dominicans as their own. But I have my reservations based on my personal experience here. Somehow, I suspect they will always have to endure people shouting "chinito !" or " chino!" as long as they walk down any Dominican street.

And your offer for me to "get on the same Plane and get the hell out of the Island" is just as welcome as those "chino malaqueta, come merida con paleta" often chanted in the street whenever an Asian person walks by.

So what do you think of the apparent contradiction that DR have these "chinitos" earn gold for the country while the people will never truly embrace them as Dominicans ??

Would love to hear your take on this, Erickxson.

Formosano2000

Mar 5, 2003
Oooops

Keith R said:
"neutralized"?????:confused:

Not sure I want to know what that means!

Formosano, you mean "naturalized," right?

You sure got that right, Keith !

Hey, I least I didn't confuse it with "neutered". Would have been much more painful ;)

Hope you are coping with the Blackout. Should have brought back a "planta" with ya ! ;)

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
The blackout didn't affect me. I live in the DC Metro area. Blackout affected primarily NY, MI, OH.

Even if we had been hit by a blackout, my household would have been prepared. After all, we had 4 yrs of intensive training while living in SD! ;)

Best Regards,
Keith

ERICKXSON

Bronze
Dec 24, 2002
www.creambay.com
The D.R. grab their 6th gold medal for a total of 34th we still have 3 more days to go. in the last edition of the Pan Am in (Canada) they won a total of (9) medals a big difference.