Mayor Blackout in East Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCfred

Jun 19, 2003
Major Blackout in East Coast

Mayor blackout in nyc, detroit, Boston, Toronto, Cleveland- anyone have any info? There is info that a power plant is on fire, from NYTimes: Power Outages Reported Along East Coast; North to Toronto, South to Maryland and West to Cleveland and Detroit More (4:32 PM ET)

Thousands are trapped in elevators and subways....

Last edited:

kingofdice

Jan 16, 2002
How much rum have you had to drink?

(Oops, ... I stand corrected. geesh)

Last edited:

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Airports have been affected...

No, currently the news reports say that the exact cause is not known. The fire is in a NYC plant. They say the entire province of Ontario is out. I personally suspect the system was overtaxed because of all the hot weather....

IMPORTANT NOTE TO DR1ers TRAVELING TO, FROM OR THROUGH NYC:
News reports say that JFK, LaGuardia & Newark are all experiencing significant delays because of the outages. Call the airline!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I just heard

That it has to do with a mechanical failure in the Niagra Con-Edison facility. You should see the people in New Yourk, like ants scurrying all over the place...

And they aren't used to it...Except the folks up on 181 and Broadway..hehehe

HB

Apr 26, 2002
No blackout here

in the Cibao. I'll bet those New Yorkers are envious of our power grid now! Ha ha. I was just telling my girlfriend last night that the power situation can be unstable anwhere. She answered th

GirlieGirl

Jun 19, 2003
LMAOOOOOOOOO

I know I should not find it funny.... but maybe this is a sign... we handle power outages much better than the New Yorkers...???

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Re: LMAOOOOOOOOO

GirlieGirl said:
I know I should not find it funny.... but maybe this is a sign... we handle power outages much better than the New Yorkers...???
I would think so, GG, since you are not dependent on subways, Metro North, LIRR or Amtrak....

GirlieGirl

Jun 19, 2003
Not anymore...

Living in the DC area... I was once dependent on alot of things... since moving here... I am depended on water and nice people... thats bout it!!!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Bill Richardson, former Energy Boss for Clinton

Said that the USA is a First World country with a Third World power grid.

The Mohawk-Niagra power grid has been overloaded for years.

And there is some doubt that the new virus was the culprit, but it has not been excluded!

And, of course GG we are more used to these balckouts, having been exposed to them for the past 25 years.

If I had known then.....Oh man!

HB

Last edited:

bladeNYC

May 14, 2003
www.dr1.com
VOLVEMOS PAL PATIO

I'm just back from DR vaca' yesterday. There are many strikes over in the Patio (caused by power black-outs). Coming back, I feel like if I'm still in santo domingo. I want to GO BAAAACKK :disappoin . remarks anyone?

bladeNYC
DR1, my new bARRIO

Last edited:

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
DR content

Too many Dominicans in Washington Heights stealing electricity??

Formosano2000

Mar 5, 2003
Deja vu !

Eddy said:
Too many Dominicans in Washington Heights stealing electricity??

Jeez, I didn't know Edesur and Edenorte have taken over the US/Canadian power grids !

Anybody into exporting "plantas" back to the US ? ;)

Lissa

Aug 7, 2003
www.lldesigndr.com
well the truth is that there is a fear now in town, every strange things that happens (like today?s blackout) we all think that is terrorism or something like that.. But bloomberg said that maybe the blackout occurs for an overloaded system in the niagara station.. We hope that is will be truth..

Status
Not open for further replies.