Just like the DR

Just like it happens in the DR, all the DR1 and DR lovers in the North east USA and Ontario Canada were ripped with a massive power blackout yesterday afternoon at approximately 4:15 pm EST, just went back on line 11:05 am EST after almost 19 hours out,

ah it makes me feel like I was in the Dominican Republic, heat and humidity similar and no power. We now know what yo guys go through all the time, this was the first big one since 1977.

Now that is how you get the message across nystateofmind on a Dominican Republic Message board, nothing wrong with the moderators or owner of forum, they just do their job.........

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I'm sure many DR1 members still can't get in especially if they have cable connection.
If you're flying to The Dominican Republic or even out, check and double check with your travel agent if you can get them on the phone.

Last edited:

linamia

"an unexamined life is not worth living"
Jan 2, 2002
www.pascual5designs.com
Pib,

are you laughing at us?

Ahh We Dominicans Yorks felt right at home. Hell many of us even got the day off. How do you like them apples? Part of NYC still powerless, lucky for me I am in Staten Island power back on since 4:30 am.

Lina
guilty of not conserving energy today sitting at home with AC full bast.
"por el calor de anoche Con ED"

Benni's Mom

Aug 14, 2003
That's so funny that you should post this thread--I was thinking the same thing, I am moving down to the DR in about a month's time, so now I am back in practise!! We just got power too, after 24 and half hours(but who's counting!) without... now everyone here can get a taste of what it's like in the DR!!

tondra

Dec 12, 2002
www.professionalsintouch.com
Great minds think alike

I couldn't believe the panic that some people felt here. I thought to myself--"You are just getting a taste of what others go through on a daily basis!" Unfortunately, I think all of my office equipment got fried by the blackout. After resetting the fuse box and changing surge protectors, I still couldn't get any of the equipment to work. Thank God this computer was not in the same room. Time to get the electrician.

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Re: Great minds think alike

tondra said:
I couldn't believe the panic that some people felt here. I thought to myself--"You are just getting a taste of what others go through on a daily basis!"

New Yorkers are such wussies!

BTW I was at ground Zero for Hurricane Andrew back in 92. 7 weeks with no electricity. 11 weeks no phone. 6 months no Cable TV!
Got a generator to run a fridge and a small A/C, had BBQ every night! Ahhh the good old days.