Sewing supplies

Benni's Mom

Aug 14, 2003
Hello all...
I have been coming to this board for months, and have come to rely on the advice given here.
I am moving from Ontario, Canada to the Dominican Republic in one month--to Cabarete. I was wondering if anyone knows if there are any shops anywhere on the island that sell sewing supplies, it does not have to be near, I just don't want to bring tons of stuff with me. I would appreciate any advice. Thanks for your help...

Last edited:

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
There are stores specializing in sewing supplies, such as thread, buttons, lace, zippers, etc. That is all these stores sell. There are other stores that sell material.

Benni's Mom

Aug 14, 2003
Thank you Ken...

Thanks for your response Ken... that's a relief, I mean, of course there would be stores for that sort of thing... but you just never know. Where are the stores located that you know of?

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
I've seen a few sewing stores in Santiago, and even a small one in Puerto Plata - there may be more small stores in POP. Not sure how they do on spares for sewing machines but they certainly have all the basics, as well as great fabrics in the fabric stores. (Been living in the DR for almost a year and have not yet unpacked my sewing machines).

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Sewing machine parts/repairs are available, the stores that specialize in this are not as plentiful as material and sewing supplies stores. Very likely there is also one in most of the larger cities.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Calle Beller

Between Duarte and Espa?a Streets, on the left hand side, middle of the block. (going with traffic.

And on Calle del Sol there are two or three.

HB