From Santiago to Samana

SamoraMachel

Jun 1, 2003
Can anyone tell me if there is a bus that runs from Santiago to Samana? If so, how long is the ride and what is the cost? Thanks.

Samora

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
I'm pretty sure Caribe Tours has one that goes all the way there, if not I'm sure you can take Caribe Tours to Sosua and then take a regular gua-gua from there, if you don't mind a real down-home Dominican experience complete with farm animals and bachata.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
There is a bus, but not Caribe Tour. It is the bus of a one bus company. Not as plush as Caribe Tour, but safe and comfortable.

The company is Transporte Pepe, and the bus leaves Santiago at 1:15, arriving in Samana about 5 pm. It leaves from Aris Taxi at corner of Pedro Francisco Bono and Lili. Tel 582-2134 or 582-5709 for more details.

SamoraMachel

Jun 1, 2003
Thanks for the info guys...

Gosh, Ken, that is almost 4 hours on a bus...I guess it would probably be quicker for me to take a bus from Santo Domingo to Samana...I was planning on doing a circulular trip starting in Bayahibe to La Romana, then to Santo Domingo, Santiago, and then down to Samana, and back to La Romana.

I only have 2 days to decide since I am leaving on Monday...I guess I can deal with the 4 hours, besides I will get to view the countryside and I am sure I will strike up a conversation with someone on the bus to pass the time.

Thanks again for the info.

Samora

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
You have more options if you go from Santo Domingo since both Metro and Caribe Tours have several buses every day. The bus will go to San Francisco de Macoris, Nagua, Sanchez and Samana. If you take the bus from Santiago, it will pass through La Vega, San Francisco de Macoris, Nagua, Sanchez and Samana, in other words, through much the same country. But the only way you will see Santiago, the country's second largest city, is to go there.