Apple Macintosh sales/ service/ support in the DR?

ronks

Aug 13, 2003
I am planning to move to the DR (not sure what part yet) and will be using my Mac laptop to work and commuinicate with friends and clients in the U.S. Rather than ordering equipment, supplies, upgrades, etc from the U.S. I would like to know about availability in the DR. Also, service and support, user groups. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Ron

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
I believe there is a Mac store in Santo Domingo. Strange co-incidence, I just asked Robert the same question on e-mail. Does anyone know? Is their a Mac store in Santo Domingo? And if so, where?

I don't know of any user groups in the DR but I support a number of Mac customers in the Turks and Caicos Islands. We have a small but very active user group. If you want, I can put you on their mailing list where they publish their tips, tricks and How To's.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
ICON in Santiago is Mac oriented.

they are just up the street from me. So, when you stop in next time give them a visit..

HB

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
The leading Mac dealership in the Dominican Republic is that of Compusistemas (Siscontec) in Santo Domingo. Mike Benson, a former US Peace Corps who married a Dominican and stayed, is the main owner. They will charge you a premium on purchases. Service charges were RD$600 per hour, but that was last year.

roca

Jun 23, 2003
Apple care

As mentioned above, Compusistemas will charge a premium on purchases although their labor fees are reasonable compared to the US. Another supplier for Apple products and services is SCP (221-5515). Neither one will maintain parts or products on their premises due to the dollar factor. For purchasing products you might ass well buy direclty from the US. Just as an example, the new G5's have an 800 dollar difference. Not worth paying for it, they will try to convince you mentioning a warranty and other BS. But in the 10 years I've been using Macs, I've only required their services 4 times. And 2 of those times have been because of the ***** OSX which i hate.