Where to arrive...

Tigergirl

Aug 18, 2003
Hi there. I will be coming to the Dominican Republic in late April and have a question. We're staying at Viva Dominicas Palace and I'm not sure which airport to arrive into. I see that La Romana is closest to the resort but see that a lot of people arrive in Santo Domingo. I'd appreciate opinions!!
Thanx!

eli

Jun 10, 2003
La Romana is the closest airport to bayahibe which is where the hotel is located unfortunately from the States it is only served by AA which doesn't give a whole lot of choice on pricing.

You can also arrive at Las Americas and then take a bus or a taxi or better yet if you are planning to rent car then drive an 1:20 minutes to the hotel but you most definetly have other choices on prices for flights inbound.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Tigergirl said:
Hi there. I will be coming to the Dominican Republic in late April and have a question. We're staying at Viva Dominicas Palace and I'm not sure which airport to arrive into. I see that La Romana is closest to the resort but see that a lot of people arrive in Santo Domingo. I'd appreciate opinions!!
Thanx!

If you are staying at an (typically dreadful) all-inclusive why aren't you doing an air/hotel package whcih is usually a LOT cheaper than the air and the hotel apart? Check the TOUR operator that is affiliated with the trip and you may be pleased. They do the air then the little bus to the hotel and the hotel all for one price.

Charters rarely if ever fly into SDQ anyway so as most go to La Romana even better reason to try to find one, that and they are usually non-stop perfect for gringos and newbie tourists.

A tip for us here: Since you could be in

a) China
b) Antarctica
c) New York
d) Canada
e) Madrid
f)Kalamazoo, etc......

Saying where you are starting might offer some clues as to what's best.

Tigergirl

Aug 18, 2003
Sorry about that. This was a honeymoon gift, so it's up to us for the flight. We'll be flying out of St. Louis, Missouri.