e-tickets

El Viejo

Jan 2, 2002
I was just told by AA that the DR now accepts e-tickets. I know in the past ( my last trip there was March 2003 )paper tickets were required.
My question is: Are e-tickets acceptable or is this another AA screwup?

mimi972

Aug 21, 2003
Hola El Viejo,

I took AA 2 weeks ago for DR and I had e-tickets so I imagine that now they do accept them.
Enjoy you stay in DR.

mimi

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
El Viejo said:
I was just told by AA that the DR now accepts e-tickets. I know in the past ( my last trip there was March 2003 )paper tickets were required.
My question is: Are e-tickets acceptable or is this another AA screwup?

I have not had a paper ticket between MIA and SDQ for over 2 years from AA. Certainly not this March or January or last year in October, August, May, etc.

I am not sure what you mean by the DR "needs" ( or not) e-tickets. When you check in they need your name and ID, there is no need really to even have the receipt or e-mail for the e-tickets nor has there been for a long time.

As for the immigration authorities they never ask for one coming in or going out.

El Viejo

Jan 2, 2002
Re: Re: e-tickets

ricktoronto said:
I have not had a paper ticket between MIA and SDQ for over 2 years from AA. Certainly not this March or January or last year in October, August, May, etc.

I am not sure what you mean by the DR "needs" ( or not) e-tickets. When you check in they need your name and ID, there is no need really to even have the receipt or e-mail for the e-tickets nor has there been for a long time.

As for the immigration authorities they never ask for one coming in or going out.

Twice this year, Feb. 4 and Mar. 6, SDQ immigration has asked to see my ticket.
Maybe they wanted to be sure I had a ticket to leave.LOL

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Maybe they are suspicous

El Viejo said:
Twice this year, Feb. 4 and Mar. 6, SDQ immigration has asked to see my ticket.
Maybe they wanted to be sure I had a ticket to leave.LOL

You must look shifty or something to them.

In any case it sure is not a routine inquiry for us gringos.

Sort of a pointless thing to ask for anyway since you could buy a full fare R/T ticket and refund the return 1/2 as soon as you arrived. In fact since the so called e-ticket is really just an e-mail, save the next one you get and alter it to your heart's content to say whatever you want when you do plan to sneak in for keeps if you want to.