New Baby!!!

jerseynegrita06

Aug 15, 2003
It's not mine, but I'm looking for pretty girl names!!!

Look at these:
Yosal?n
Jocelyn (they're the same, lol)
Yariselys
Amarylis
Yurelis
Veronica
Yaritza
Yud?
Anah?
Ana Maria
Juana
Ivelissa
Isaura
Ileana
Raquel
Olga
Yolanda
Gladys
Linda
Rosalinda
Quelinda (lol!!)
Kimberley
Please make suggestions and tell me ones on the list that you don't like!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Nothing that begins with a "Y",low class,too common!

My,"Most Beautiful Daughter in The Dominican Republic",is named "Julia Irene",for both grandmothers. The next "Most Beautiful" to arrive 1 dec.is to be named "Sanda Kay" for both my sisters.But that leaves my favorite name "Alicia Nichole", from my wife,available for your friend!!!
Cris Colon

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Ana Maria
Yolanda
Linda
Ileana

Are cool!

All the rest are Chopa Names!

Criss,

BTW My wife's name is Yolanda. Remember her? The White Dominican that you say doesn't exist!

Dec 9, 2002
I think they are all beautiful names except for - Gladys. Please, please, please, you cannot call a baby Gladys, it is such an old name. I know 2 women called Gladys, and they are both in their 90's!.

From your list, Ana Maria and Yolanda are my favourites. BTW, whose baby is it?

ClippedWing

Jan 12, 2002
Ugh.. whatever you do. Do NOT name that baby Olga. I dont' really like most of the names you picked but If I had to pick one I'd pick Ana Maria or Kimberly. The rest are weird.

I like new millenium names like Mackenzie, Kennedy, London, Holland, Carter, Reagan, etc.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
We're going to name our next baby (if it's a girl, like we hope!) Gianna Caroline. So you can't have that name. haha. I like Criss' suggestion, Alicia Nichole, very pretty name.

From your list, Jocelyn (my cousin's name, I really like it) or Ana Maria. I agree that Quelinda is cool, but depending on where they live, this baby is going to struggle all her life with having to repeat and spell her name to others.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Dominican Babe said:
I think they are all beautiful names except for - Gladys. Please, please, please, you cannot call a baby Gladys, it is such an old name. I know 2 women called Gladys, and they are both in their 90's!.

Funny thing that 'old granny names' like Gladys and Doris are considered an option. Then again, names that are considered old ladies' names in Spanish speaking countries are trendy in others: Lourdes, Carmen and Manuela for example.

My advice is to pick a name that will 'work' anywhere you go. I find it tedious to have to spell mine every single time. Sometimes I wish I was called Anna!

Chiri

Dec 9, 2002
You're right Chiri, a name has to "work" wherever you go. It also has to work for the whole of the person's life - what is trendy today won't be trendy in 30 years time.

Just don't pick anything "odd". A friend of mine, whose surname is Thomas, called her son Thomas. When he started school, people thought he had a stutter - my name is Thomas Thomas. Also "cute" names are fine for kids, but what about when they reach adulthood?

I'm glad I've never had kids - naming them is a minefield!

jerseynegrita06

Aug 15, 2003
Dominican Babe said:

From your list, Ana Maria and Yolanda are my favourites. BTW, whose baby is it?

It's my sister's baby. I really like Gladys though. I know a lady named Gladys Gutierrez and we call her Se?ora GG, lol. I like the way it sounds in Spanish...kinda like Glady without the s...but in English...Gladis...yes, that sounds like an old woman, lol.

jerseynegrita06

Aug 15, 2003
ClippedWing said:
Ugh.. whatever you do. Do NOT name that baby Olga. I dont' really like most of the names you picked but If I had to pick one I'd pick Ana Maria or Kimberly. The rest are weird.

I like new millenium names like Mackenzie, Kennedy, London, Holland, Carter, Reagan, etc.

I like Olga, lol it reminds me of Olga Ta?on or the little girl from my job. lol. The rest aren't really weird...just not common...but we all know Jocelyn is the best ;)