ALL Pan Am Gold, Silver and Bronze Medalists jailed

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
This is no joke. All of our Pan Am medalists except Felix Sanchez were in the dirty, corrupted Moca jail brought in with authorization from the Attorney General Cespedes and the prison authoritites and the embarrassing, irresponsible promotion by Freddy Beras Goico to receive money from a con man jailed for one of the most serious crimes in this country(paid assasination).

After all the hoopla about our glorious athletes, we now turn them into typical Dominican beggars who are driven to a jail, most of which received the miserable amount of RD$20,000 prizes. To put this in perspective, just imagine U.S. medalists for the olympics brought in to Rikers Island to receive a US$500 prize from a serial killer and promoted by David Letterman in his program.

While Tony Turbi was issuing about RD$5,000,000 worth of checks to our chopo athletes live on Freddy Beras TV program, many investors in a finance company called Inversiones Turbi are chasing him for the money they invested in certificates. Mr. Turbi has this finance company at Calle Sanchez #84 in Santiago and people like Mrs. Candida Capellan are demanding their investments which have not been repaid by Mr. Turbi. Mrs. Capellan made an investment of US$100,000, which approximates the amount used by Turbi for these prizes and Mr. Turbi has kept the money and she cannot do anything because Mr. Turbi is in jail and the government owes lots of favors to this guy. Mr. Turbi is even spending millions in TV ads promoting a shaky company called "Grupo Turbi" with the money from investors. This company or group has gas stations, financial investments, auto dealerships and real estate.

In other words, is it possible that Mrs. Capellan money is being used by Turbi for his self-agrandizing, self-idolizing ego with the help of our government authorities?

Is this the kind of investment climate we want to build in this country. Where else in the world do you see a jailed prisoner with a major criminal accusation giving out cash for prizes from his own jail cell and most of all to so called "national heroes" like the Pan Am medalists?

TW

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I caught the end of the show last night on TV. I thought it was very degrading and sad. No more to add...

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I was wondering whether they would take the money from a guy in jail...I guess I have my answer. Pathetic...

jojocho

Jul 10, 2002
No generalizations please

My brother got a call from a General asking him to join this circus. He obviously said no and the press reported he was out of the country!! I'm sure the same thing happened with Ivonne Losos.

This whole situation is very sad.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Jojocho: I was hoping that at least someone had the dignity to say no. My respects to your brother...

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Jojocho

I will take your word for it that your brother did not get his money at least thru an agent. But I hate to disappoint you about Ivonne Losos. I almost fell off my seat when I heard that she sent an agent to pick up her "prize".

I thought if anybody would refuse this ugly money it would have been someone from the equestrian team, since this is the king*s sport and most of the athletes are socialites.

Taking the money thru an agent is as bad as being present. Ivonne Losos is just another "pedilona", "muerta de hambre" and "sin orgullo". Shame on her.

Please verify your brother. I understood only Felix Sanchez, because of his world pedigree did not take the money.

TW

jojocho

Jul 10, 2002
Your sources are wrong

I can't believe she took the money, specially because she doesn't seem to need it, but then again you only hear what they want you to hear.

Oh mighty Golo, even you are beeing fed crap.

I can asure you that my brother did not go to this things, neither did he send an agent. This is money he will not accept. We have talked about this and he told me that if they send him the check to the house he'll just endorse it and give it to some charity. This is dirty money and no one with some self respect would accept it.