plastic surgery in the DR

crambi

Jun 14, 2003
I wonder if there are hospitals in the DR where you can do a plastic surgery? And what about the price and quality?

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
This idiot woman I "previously" have gone out with told me that this is a bargain in the DR along with Brazil where 9 out of 10 women have those rubber ball breasts. Why people do this to themselves is beyond me. To electively go under the knife for looks is a shock to me.

goatfarmnga

Bronze
Jun 24, 2003
Surely some people want to look good!

I would like to know the answer to that queston..I heard Mexico was the place for the "Help" you seek but I would like to know too! My brother in Law there said Dental work is very inexpensive..Do not need that..BUt would like to know about Plastic Surgery...Hey Escott..Not all of it is to change your looks..I broke my nose several time (Horses/car accidents can be hard on you..) Can not breath well out of it would like to fix that..Anyone know about Plastic surgery in the DR?? Do not be shy! :) Pam

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
rafael said:
Where are you saying 9 out of 10 women have enhanced breasts? Surely not Brazil.
I was told that 9 out of 10 women in Brazil have enhanced breasts. I got this from the wacko Gal I use to go out with. She says it is real cheap there and that is why. She also said that it is a bargain in the DR as well and asked me to look into it for her. I told her not to hold her breath:)

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
One doctor that you might want to talk with is Dr. Antonio Jorge Messina. Tels 685-6436 and 687-0910, jorge-antonio@clinicaabreu.com

He trained in the US. If he doesn't do the type of plastic surgery that you want himself, he can recommend someone that he thinks is well qualified.

hansbert

*** Sin Bin ***
Mar 1, 2002
linguisticservices.aio-world.net
Although it may be relatively cheap how can you trust these doctors

I have never heard any positive comments on plastic surgery in this country. Although it may be relatively cheap most of the doctors in my opinion are not sufficiently qualified. The DR is a third world country with low medical standards. There are better countries for such operations with higher medical standards and with less risks involved e.g. Cuba or Costa Rica although there may be some well qualified doctors.

goatfarmnga

Bronze
Jun 24, 2003
Thanks Ken

I sent an email to the doctor to ask him his opinion. I appreciate the reply..I have lived with this nose for years it will not kill me but I would like to breath the fresh air of the DR ocean breezes! :) Pam
OK The email came back Mail Demon ....So that email will not work for the good doctor. :(

ERICKXSON

Bronze
Dec 24, 2002
www.creambay.com
Handsbert Cuba or Costa Rica what do you know about Costa Rica or Cuba? if you don't don't even make the comment they all 3rd world countries and most of those good DR. plastic surgeons had train in the U.S. eat your words pal.

hansbert

*** Sin Bin ***
Mar 1, 2002
I was talking about general medical standards

It is widely known that the DR educational system (including university education) in general terms has very low standards. That does not exclude that even in this country there are some good doctors especially if they are trained in a foreign country
Cuba and Costa Rica are commonly known for their relatively high educational standards and exceptional medical care as far as third world countries are concerned.
Therefore, since costs are lower than in the US or in Europe even citizens of industrialized countries with quality medical care go to these two countries for medical treatment. In Cuba that has led to the development of the "Turismo de salud" promoted by many travel agencies including plastical surgery. I have personally been to Cuba and Costa Rica and can only assure you that these facts are real. Some Costa Rican English speaking papers and magazines do even have advertisements for plastic surgery directed to foreign health tourists e.g. the Tico Times.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
hansbert, it would help us if we knew that you were qualified to evaluate "most doctors (in the DR)" as "not qualified".

The doctors that I rely on are well trained. 3 are US trained, 1 trained in Enland, 1 in Germany, 1 in Canada, and 1 in Mexico.

I am not going to generalize to all DR doctors based on my experience with doctors here, but I am certainly not going to accept your sweeping generalization.

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
DR Doctors?

Come on Hansbert!!
I'm alive and it's all thanks to a number of DR doctors - and I was less bruised than when I had the same thing done in UK!! Don't knock it until you've tried it.
And here we go again!!! DR is not a third world country!! It's a developing country!!
Glad to be alive and in the DR!!

ERICKXSON

Bronze
Dec 24, 2002
www.creambay.com
Hansbert about cuba hats off! lots of Cuban Doctors i knew in Miami study in the DR. i spent quite a while in Costa Rica and know their standards please shut up with that DR Doctors are light years ahead of Costa Rican Doctors.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
If someone is making the decisions for me (serious problem), I would rather be in the US, UK or other more developed country.
If I'm making the decisions, then the DR has some good options.

Remember, it's not always just about the doctor. Sometimes it's the availability of modern diagnostic and therapeutic equipment. Plus the medical staff around the doctor.

If you can afford to have it done in the US, have it done in the US.

goatfarmnga

Bronze
Jun 24, 2003
Thanks for the info!

I am going to talk to Dr. Messina in the DR. Ken I sent an email as you said. Then I will decide to do it before I go or not. I have to pay either way (no insurance) so if I can get quality care there I may just wait to where I can relax and have it done there..THanks again! :) Pam

hansbert

*** Sin Bin ***
Mar 1, 2002
You misinterpreted my statement

Of course I am not more qualified than anybody of you to evaluate medical standards in this country. It was not my intention to offend anybody and I apologize. I was only talking about personal experiences. There are good and bad doctors in every country even in industrialized rich countries. It is just a matter of confidence and I do not have much of it in the local health system. If I could afford it I would definitely go for treatment to the US or Europe as it was suggested.

goatfarmnga

Bronze
Jun 24, 2003
Points well taken!

I am going to research it in the US, Talk to the Dr. Messina (Thanks Ken) and go from there. Easy procedure..but people have died getting tonsils out..so fear is always there! :) Thanks Pam

ERICKXSON

Bronze
Dec 24, 2002
www.creambay.com
Hans every country have their good Doctors however i don't think i ever choose another country than the U.S. to do any type of surgery. NO UK, NO DR, NO CR, NO CUBA, NO THE REST OF EUROPE.