Just got back from Bavaro Palace, ask any questions...

N

Nancy

we leave on june 12 and can't wait we have heard in some of the reviews that the towels are in pretty bad shape is this true? is there bottled water supplied in the room? what about coke products? did you take any children with you? we will be traveling with a 5 year old and our friends have a 2 1/2 year old. how's the babysitting? where was your favorite place to eat? do they need reservations, and if they do, how far in advance?

thanks in advance!!!!!!

V

vinnie

Yes, there were many women topless. But there was no one completely nude.

V

vinnie

I loved all of the surroundings. I went on my honeymoon. The beach was incredible. The pools were also very nice. We didn't see many younger children though. Also be prepared for the lack of English being spoken. We didn't like the food. It got us both sick. We were very careful too. They do supply you with bottled water everywhere, and Coca-Cola. But, the bottles for the coke are recycled, so make sure they are clean. I would advise you to bring a lot of snacks, you'll miss your "normal" food. Also, be advised, you will need all adult men to wear long pants to dinner. Women can wear skirts or sun dresses. Honestly though, after a while I couldn't even stand the smell of the food.

A

A?da

Is it true that you have to sign for everything. Every drink etc?

D

Donna S.

Is topless sunbathing allowed there for women. Does anyone sunbathe in the nude (discretely or otherwise)

V

vinnie

No, you do not have to sign for everything. I rarely signed for anything. You do however have to wear a wrist strap indicating which resort you're from.

A

A?da

Thanks for that answer. I read somewhere that if you are from another resort than the one where you get the drink/food/etc. you have to sign for it.

S

Steve

Hi Vinnie,

I heard that there is lobster and crab legs served at the buffets. Is this ture and if it is, was it as good as you would get in a resturant in the U.S.?

We are leaving on Sat. May 15th. and are welcoming any thoughts as far as how the hotel was(rooms & beaches clean, good service, etc.).

My wife is worried about the women sunbathing topless as we are taking our two young boys(ages 8&9) who are very vocal about things that they see that are out of the ordinary.

Thank you for any input that you might give us.

Steve Polansky

N

Nancy

nancy, We traveled in a group of 8 to the Bavaro Palace a month a go. We were all very impressed with the resort. Our rooms were clean. The towels were fine. Our minibar was restocked everyday with bottled water, beer, 7-up, coke, diet coke, and snickers or m&m's. If you like seafood, I think you will love the food. None of our group got sick and I can;t say that we were extra careful. The pizza's were really good. We liked eating lunch at the little beach cafe way down by the market vendors. The grill by the pool had great snapper. The Las Brista's had good food. We really liked the seafood rice dish for two. We ate at the Coral which is part of the Bavaro Beach. My husband had a veal stew that he said was his favorite meal. We ate at the Palace gourmet rest. by invitaion, you will need to make reservaions early in the week. We made ours before the invitaion even came. It was excellent. We ate at the buffet for breakfast and a few times for lunch and dinner. We also usually went there for dessert in the evenings. The buffet had a nice pasta bar and grill area plus much more. You will enjoy your time on vacation. The people were so friendly. If they couldn;t understand what you wanted in English, they would find someone who could speak English a little to help out. Have fun. It is paradise!

V

vinnie

Well, there were many women that bathe topless. All of the beaches are great. At times though, there is a lot of seaweed that is on the beach. But the staff is constanly raking it up. I didn't see any lobster or crab legs at the buffet. Just be selective in what you eat. We both got sick.

P

Phyllis

Where is Bavaro Palace in relation to the Playa Dorada Complex in PP?

N

Nancy Ann

Dear Steve,

I am also leaving May 15 to the DR I will be staying at the Paradisus Resort maybe your family and myself could meet sometime while we are there.

Please let me know, I am female traveling alone.

Thanks,

Nancy Ann Bright

D

Deb

We were to Punta Cana Bavaro Beach Resort last Fall and were moved to the Palace because renovations were going on. The Palace was very clean, but yes, topless subathers. No big deal... you get used to it. As for 8/9 year olds, probably ok ... I would be more concerned with teenagers as there are some quite young teenage topless subathers as well. You'll love it ... just relax and enjoy!