Names; Anthony X-Y + Tina Z =??????

urban416

Aug 25, 2003
It is common for people from the Dominican Republic to have 2 last names (mom-dad..or is it..dad-mom) Anywayz, lets say that my boyfriends name is...Anthony X Y and my name (I'm not from the Dominican, I only have one last name) is Tina Z...If we have a child will the child's name be Chris X-Z, Chris Z-X, Chris Z-Y...I think you get my point....Its important that I know how it would be done in the Dominican Republic...I tried searching the internet but couldn't find the answer.

Dec 9, 2002
OK, I don't have kids, and don't plan on having any with my Dominican husband either. But I think this is how it goes:
  • Your boyfriend is Anthony X Y
  • You are Tina Z
  • If you were to marry, you would become Tina De X
  • If you had a child, he would be Chris X de la Z
I'm not 100% sure if I'm right, but if not, no doubt someone will correct me ;)

dale7

Apr 18, 2002
www.stores.ebay.com
Here is your answer. I have a son with a dominicana and I am an American.
Her name is Yesenia(first name) del carmen(middle name) Est..z(father's name) R...z(name from her mother). My name is Howard D... Fr...ll Jr.Now we have a son and his name is:
Howie(first name) Jose(middle) Fr...ll(my name) Est...z (name from Yesenia)
I hope you understand this, I do.
dale7(Howard)

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
in the dr - decide for yourself.

for example: if your father's surname is heredia and your mother's surname is hernandez, then call yourself mr. heredia.

but, if your mother's name is bonetti, for example, call yourself mr. heredia bonetti .............................and make sure every sycophantic oaf that is anybody, or wants to be anybody in santo domingo knows it! enough said.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
The correct formula is

Anthony X Y + Tina Z = Chris X Z

You can call yourself Tina Z, Tina Z de X or Tina de X, but the latter two are the exception rather than the rule nowadays. Most women just keep their original surname and only use the husband's if it adds status, in the same way as some people keep or drop the second surname, as bochinche describes.

If you have a very common paternal surname, the tendency is to use both - Gabriel Garcia Marquez is never known as "Garcia" but as "Garcia Marquez" or sometimes just "Marquez" even though that is his maternal surname.

Chiri

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Let's cut the XYZ crap out of this

Kids First name, kid's middle name, Father's first last name, Mother's first last name/

Juan Perez Sanchez + Maria Gomez Diaz have a baby

His name is Jose Perez Gomez

She is like Chiri said.

EXCEPT in the POLICE where a lot of time they are known by their second last name. Or by the more distinct of the two last name: Landestoy, Candelier, Perez y Perez, Vi?as Roman, and Marte Martinez.

HB