Off to the DR the 26th(tomorrow) for 9 nights

dale7

Apr 18, 2002
www.stores.ebay.com
Making yet another trip, 4th in last 15 months. Looking forward to the DR reunion at the Beer House on August 30th and hope to meet some of you there. Due to my contact(my ex) problems I am not able to keep up with exchange rates and prices of necessities anymore, what is the Peso going for in Santo Domingo now, the street rate and how much for a normal Presidente in a bar and store, a pack of Marlboros, and steak(sirloin I prefer) at the market? I plan on doing a lot of cooking while I am there and would be forever indebted to anyone who helps me out and if you are at the Reunion will buy you a Presidente.
dale7(Howard) Trying to fit all my gear in a carryon and personal item bag right now:(

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
dale7 said:
Making yet another trip, 4th in last 15 months. .....I am not able to keep up with exchange rates and prices of necessities anymore, what is the Peso going for in Santo Domingo now, the street rate ... Trying to fit all my gear in a carryon and personal item bag right now:(

I called down today - the cambios are at 34:1 (so much for the recovery of the peso since I was getting 33:1 on August 5th)

Good on you for the travel warrior no checked baggage plan. You just gained 30 minutes to an hour at both ends.

I arrive on the 30th at 2 p.m. more or less. C U there.

Forbeca

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
I came back yesterday

dale7 said:
Making yet another trip, 4th in last 15 months.

and I wish I were still there. Even with all the political problems, etc. we had so much fun.

Enjoy your vacation and be safe.